• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what up

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Go to the home page and at the bottom is a full list
Not related but Moparts is the largest

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thought My Ear's Where Burning. :mob: OH I HERE THE PHONE RINGING THINK SOME ONE NEED A TOW. supper man. .jpg I CAN PICK IT UP WITH ONE HAND AND PUT IT WHERE YOU WANT IT. NOW FOR A STEEL BULE BEER. :elmer:

Rich B

Reaction score
Russ, quick question. You had photo of your red road runner before. Did you completely strip your car down and repaint blue? If so would really like to learn more of your overwhelming undertaking. ‘‘Tis something all of us underachievers think about but of coarse never have any time to get to. :popcorn:

Learned the hard way from my Corvette. Perfectly drivable with usual normal wear and parts wear out. It was never a priority and kept out in shed over in field. Did a few things like performance chip, straight through quad tip mufflers; not loud with monster converter in place, went dual to single pipe, back to dual. Fake exhaust, never such a thing on road runner lol......

Read down further, all questions answered with other new posts; almost like when everything else fails finally, read instructions. :thankyou:

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
:popcorn::popcorn:This is a three year restoration. Just did not strip the car replaced a lot of sheet metal. One front inner fender. Upper and lower cowl that was painted the inside before welding to the car that is the only way to paint it all the way. Door hinge pillar post both sides. Both rear quarter's. Took of the roof had to replace the outer frame where the drip rail affixes to and runs down to the outer wheel tub. Half tubed the outer rear wheel well's. Had to make the rear sail panel frame where quarter's and package tray welded too. Package tray. Rear window frame. Fixed the trunk hinge bracket's where rusted out in places. Rear fender drop down's. Rear valance panel. Put on new roof. New drip rail's. The floor pan someone else had hamburger one over the old one they cut of at the inner rocker. could have killed who ever did this. Trunk pan and cross support for it. Bought a hole rocker panel and cut it where the quarter panel goes over it at the back the pop out window leaked and rotted it out. Cut it off long enough to slide in to the old one where it was good by door latch pillar. Replaced door latch pillars both sides. Had to buy a anvil and bead roller to make the lower part of the A pillar's that go under the upper cowl the where rotted away. I started at the front of the car by the time I got to the back kept saying if I can only turn this corner. LoL. Had a frame I built inside the car to hold every thing straight so nothing would shift. The main thing is don't take the hole car apart do one piece at a time. Took lots of measurement's and some pic's. One front fender original driver side not too bad no welding just some body filler. Passenger side more bad places a little welding where and emblem went and some filler not much. Rear Dutch man panel that is apart of lower window frame and ties to the quarters. Trunk rain gutter's. Had some rust in the outer rockers on both sides but not bad. Took a staged bit and drilled a round hole in the arear and replaced with round plugs better for welding in stead of making a square patch. Patched the passenger side of the cross member it had some rot in it next to the inner rocker not bad but made a 1/4 in plate square box and slid it inside the frame and welded it in and welded up the out side. Ground it down smooth a no one can tell it was ever done. I filled the seam on the filler panel between the two quarter's to get rid of the gap line their. Wanted it smooth also. Tail light extensions also made it smooth where it bolted to the quarter. My biggest accomplishment was that weld joint of the roof to the quarter. I use all metal instead of leading it because the heat would have messed up all the rust proofing I had done. Cleaned the rocker's with a piece of electrical fish tape it is really hard metal put a piece of jack chain on it and run it in and out of all the frame rail's. Use air with a tube to blow them out then ran a bottle wire brush in on the fish tape and cleaned it again. Use a 1/4 HP drill to turn the tape. The loaded them with Eastwood's rust converter and sealer. Then epoxy sprayed in. Got a East Wood bead liner gun with the extensions that spray three sixty degree's and one that spray straight fan. Bed lined the hole bottom of the car with it also the wheel tub's and any where I could get the extensions in. I cleaned the inner frame the same way and soaked the hell out of it with the east wood rust converter then epoxy them also. Now any metal I put on like the quarter's I bed lined them before putting them on the car. Same with the roof. I am down to trunk lid-hood-door's and the front bolt on metal. Well have the transmission A833 rebuilt and painted. Also the 741 completely rebuilt new 3:55 gearing did my self. With green bearing's. Sprayed with epoxy then three coats of clear. I have 2000 in paint two stage with color blender to add the mini royal blue flake I wanted over the B5 blue. then three coat's of Clear I is all Matrix's paint. Bought two gallons of the blue and am down to one gallon. So I have gone through four gallons of mixed paint when I am done that is just the base coat. And really cant say how much epoxy for a guess about 4 gallons of it. I put two coats of this on every thing I did. Now gallon after gallon of lacquer thinner and boxes of white rag's and bag's of cloth rag's. People really don't know what it take to concourse restore a car. With a car as big as a roadrunner it is a boat. I am in bad shape and have done this much by my self. Hope you did not get bored. Still a long way's to go. Putting it into a roller. Rear end under it and putting caster's wheel's in front for now to move it forward in the paint booth need room to dot he door's and hood-trunk lid. Going to put the gas tank on and run brake lines as well as the gas line. Lost left to do I strive for perfection that is what is taking so long. Don't have any help like the shops do. Putting X matt in the roof and on the floor pan. Going to install after market air and heat. It was not an ac car but it will be now. I can say some guy put a gallon of bond o in the back where the sail panels where trying to recreate the metal that was supposed to have been their instead of putting metal in. I would like to find that guy also. Why do people do this stupid stuff I don't know. If your going to do something do it rite. Well a lot left to do but hope to have it done by June 2020. thought I would be done this year ya rite. but seeing light at the end of the tunnel and hope it is not a train. Russ.

Rich B

Reaction score
9D93750D-833F-4CA2-A97C-7D9AC6E8FEDA.jpeg I’m amazed at all that done in just 3 years, this car is even better than new. To be perfectly honest I could not of done the sheeting and welding whatsoever, never learned. Something as that you’d know completely from the inside out and is a part of you. Me, pretty good at assembly, electrical and sometimes good ideas on repairs; can soldier lmao.

Have read on your health issues and not myself but wife too had that major back surgery whereas they remove the bone in spine to free nerves from pinching, big change these days. And son has only 1 leg, can consider myself fortunate; of coarse wished it myself instead but things just don’t happen as such...... We help him out as much as we can.

Anyways thanks for sharing this work with much blood, sweat & tears- me would be all ~!@#$%^&*()_+.

Best, Rich (Makes me think, like this idea; photo was supposed to post below here, oh well).

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
:thumbsup:Rich B it is not with out saying I have many talents indeed. Building and making things is in my genes. Also watched a guy Pete my friend Pete in Texas. He has 30 year's in the automotive restore and painting business. You could call him on the phone and I did twice. Once to thank him for his video's. Other time about painting. I did work in a body shop for a while when I was a teenager. Was mostly a helper and worked for a guy for a while that did air brushing. I read book's and study all kind's of thing's. I like to design thing's drew up my barn I built. The biggest think that helped me is when young an older man told me Keep your mouth shut and eye's and ears open and you will learn a lot. I dose not hurt to ask question's. And will say that this community of runner brother's played a big part in this restoration. I don't know but I was born with certain talent's and not other's. I love to work with my hand's and look back and see what I have made. My hart goes out to you family for you son. I do have compassion for my fellow man no matter what race or creed they are. So God bless AMERICA and your family. Think you are a good fiend to have and think I have many here. Even though we poke fun at one another from time to time. Not to be offensive May consider selling or trading one of your cars for a runner Russ. :kartman: Man look Rich got him a runner cool!!!!!!!!

Rich B

Reaction score
Thanks a million Russ and wish you the very best for you and yours too. Haven’t been here that long of coarse but pretty easy to tell if personalities get along great or not so good. It’s as your doing what I only thought about. But did think, must be a Plymouth road runner site out there a few months back and I showed up here.

What a deal that would be as a ‘68-‘70 road runner. Don’t have enough years left for a resto myself lol. Did I read someplace they made 80,000 or more of them, gonna look that up, be right back......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Road_Runner Interesting, stuff I never knew myself. Best of luck on your reassembly, hope to read on progress.

Best Regards, Rich

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Rich You can PM me conversation. Don't want the guy to get up set with us on the thread. So you can click on my badge and it will show up and it says start conversation. Privet message me. Ok. Russ. Good to chat with you.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
we specialized in derailing threads here....carry on gentlemen...you too Russ

Rich B

Reaction score
Roger that on the tolerance factor, not sure either if this forum is acceptable for back and forth talk. All talked out for the moment anyways, will contact direct next time. Oh too, excellent idea on new bulkhead connector; mine had a bad connection once; car would just stop- let it sit and eventually restarted; couldn’t find trouble, always broke down street side. Had my OEM coil go dead one time too, again parked roadside. And then the Carter carb floats- sprung a leak, major fuel flood out. Had more gas in oil pan on that one than oil after finally repairing lol.

Those were horrid times though (kidding), ‘69 to ‘79 who cared?

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
they way this site was originally...there was a core group, over 10 years now.Alot of us have met in person. We have gotten to know each other. We bust each other's balls. One of us would ask a question. It may take over 12 pages, and we talk about everything under th sun, but we got the question answered, and had a blast doing it. So have at it, don't worry about the spelling either...this ain't moparts.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If you want to bust Dave's balls you have to ask his wife if she will bring the jar out

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just had to pick my self up off the floor Dave said something nice even to me. :kartman: Man this is a case of beer moment. :drinks::drinks::drinks: Now that I am back in full speed after back from vacation at the gray bar motel put two beer assistants on the pay roll. **&&%%$%^&&

RonLiv

Reaction score
:popcorn::popcorn:This is a three year restoration. Just did not strip the car replaced a lot of sheet metal. One front inner fender. Upper and lower cowl that was painted the inside before welding to the car that is the only way to paint it all the way. Door hinge pillar post both sides. Both rear quarter's. Took of the roof had to replace the outer frame where the drip rail affixes to and runs down to the outer wheel tub. Half tubed the outer rear wheel well's. Had to make the rear sail panel frame where quarter's and package tray welded too. Package tray. Rear window frame. Fixed the trunk hinge bracket's where rusted out in places. Rear fender drop down's. Rear valance panel. Put on new roof. New drip rail's. The floor pan someone else had hamburger one over the old one they cut of at the inner rocker. could have killed who ever did this. Trunk pan and cross support for it. Bought a hole rocker panel and cut it where the quarter panel goes over it at the back the pop out window leaked and rotted it out. Cut it off long enough to slide in to the old one where it was good by door latch pillar. Replaced door latch pillars both sides. Had to buy a anvil and bead roller to make the lower part of the A pillar's that go under the upper cowl the where rotted away. I started at the front of the car by the time I got to the back kept saying if I can only turn this corner. LoL. Had a frame I built inside the car to hold every thing straight so nothing would shift. The main thing is don't take the hole car apart do one piece at a time. Took lots of measurement's and some pic's. One front fender original driver side not too bad no welding just some body filler. Passenger side more bad places a little welding where and emblem went and some filler not much. Rear Dutch man panel that is apart of lower window frame and ties to the quarters. Trunk rain gutter's. Had some rust in the outer rockers on both sides but not bad. Took a staged bit and drilled a round hole in the arear and replaced with round plugs better for welding in stead of making a square patch. Patched the passenger side of the cross member it had some rot in it next to the inner rocker not bad but made a 1/4 in plate square box and slid it inside the frame and welded it in and welded up the out side. Ground it down smooth a no one can tell it was ever done. I filled the seam on the filler panel between the two quarter's to get rid of the gap line their. Wanted it smooth also. Tail light extensions also made it smooth where it bolted to the quarter. My biggest accomplishment was that weld joint of the roof to the quarter. I use all metal instead of leading it because the heat would have messed up all the rust proofing I had done. Cleaned the rocker's with a piece of electrical fish tape it is really hard metal put a piece of jack chain on it and run it in and out of all the frame rail's. Use air with a tube to blow them out then ran a bottle wire brush in on the fish tape and cleaned it again. Use a 1/4 HP drill to turn the tape. The loaded them with Eastwood's rust converter and sealer. Then epoxy sprayed in. Got a East Wood bead liner gun with the extensions that spray three sixty degree's and one that spray straight fan. Bed lined the hole bottom of the car with it also the wheel tub's and any where I could get the extensions in. I cleaned the inner frame the same way and soaked the hell out of it with the east wood rust converter then epoxy them also. Now any metal I put on like the quarter's I bed lined them before putting them on the car. Same with the roof. I am down to trunk lid-hood-door's and the front bolt on metal. Well have the transmission A833 rebuilt and painted. Also the 741 completely rebuilt new 3:55 gearing did my self. With green bearing's. Sprayed with epoxy then three coats of clear. I have 2000 in paint two stage with color blender to add the mini royal blue flake I wanted over the B5 blue. then three coat's of Clear I is all Matrix's paint. Bought two gallons of the blue and am down to one gallon. So I have gone through four gallons of mixed paint when I am done that is just the base coat. And really cant say how much epoxy for a guess about 4 gallons of it. I put two coats of this on every thing I did. Now gallon after gallon of lacquer thinner and boxes of white rag's and bag's of cloth rag's. People really don't know what it take to concourse restore a car. With a car as big as a roadrunner it is a boat. I am in bad shape and have done this much by my self. Hope you did not get bored. Still a long way's to go. Putting it into a roller. Rear end under it and putting caster's wheel's in front for now to move it forward in the paint booth need room to dot he door's and hood-trunk lid. Going to put the gas tank on and run brake lines as well as the gas line. Lost left to do I strive for perfection that is what is taking so long. Don't have any help like the shops do. Putting X matt in the roof and on the floor pan. Going to install after market air and heat. It was not an ac car but it will be now. I can say some guy put a gallon of bond o in the back where the sail panels where trying to recreate the metal that was supposed to have been their instead of putting metal in. I would like to find that guy also. Why do people do this stupid stuff I don't know. If your going to do something do it rite. Well a lot left to do but hope to have it done by June 2020. thought I would be done this year ya rite. but seeing light at the end of the tunnel and hope it is not a train. Russ.
Jeez, I'm exhausted just reading all that, let alone doing it.

Back