• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What were they thinking?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That's a good question Harold. Where do I start with this one? :ack: They weren't thinking about resale, that's for sure! I think it's going to be a hard sell. No matter how good the car's mechanical and body condition is, for me any ways, there way too much that would have to be changed. I do like the color, wheels, and stance of the car. That decoration is just way too over done! And since I don't have anything good today about that interior, I'll just keep my mouth shut!!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I understand the lace paint.... It was something they did back in the seventies. The interior... I don't get that. It's not even a good job.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
But seriously.... Depending on the $$, it's a good car to restore or better yet, a "day 2" type car.

It's got a good body and low miles. The interior will need door panels and if you get lucky, those seats can be stripped and redone... All easy available and not over expensive. The car may need paint... or it may just need some wet sanding and buffing to get rid of the lace. That would depend on how they prepped the body way back when.

Nice color... nice combination with the black interior and vinyl top. It could be a really nice car with a little work.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
we've seen far worse...think Year One. a call to Legendary should take care of the interior, looks like a conversion van '70s interior. other than the lace, the body looks good.

modernistsouth

Reaction score
we've seen far worse...think Year One. a call to Legendary should take care of the interior, looks like a conversion van '70s interior. other than the lace, the body looks good.

I agree. Definitely over the top, but nothing that can't be undone. I think the price is capped out though, and the reserve still hasn't been met. I would pay $13K if I had it, and redo paint and interior for a solid driver. In the end, you'd have a $15K - $16K driver- that seems worth the price.

modernistsouth

Reaction score
Reminds me of the house we bought in Philly. We bought it for what wasn't done to it, more than for what was done to it.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Gawd. Guy went through all that crap "Foosing" up the car yet, he has the correct dark argent paint on the headlight bezels? Must have been dumb luck.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
naw...Sue does better than that Ass Monkey did....

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
not my cup of tea either, but the body is straight, some paint & interior & she'd be fine

Back