• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What were you doing in 1989

a6t9vette

Reaction score
I was twelve, and just getting my first car... a 67 Pontiac Tempest Custom, never did see the road. Got sold when I 15, with my second car (a 66 Pontiac Lemans Conv) that I sold as a package deal.....

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
a6t9vette said:
I was twelve, and just getting my first car... a 67 Pontiac Tempest Custom, never did see the road. Got sold when I 15, with my second car (a 66 Pontiac Lemans Conv) that I sold as a package deal.....

There are a few Ponchos that I kinda like; the '66 & '70 Goats are probably my favorites. Especially if they have a BBC under the hood. Life shouldn't end at 5,000 RPM... :lmao:

chapdog105

Reaction score
I had no idea there were so many other young guys on this site.
I was 9 years old in 1989...and dreaming of restoring my 69' RR vert.
I'm still dreaming of the restoration, but it's close to a reality now!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:

Not everyone on here was around when Daimler invented the first practical internal-combustion engine...just Uncle George and a few others... :lmao:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
chapdog105 said:

Not everyone on here was around when Daimler invented the first practical internal-combustion engine...just Uncle George and a few others... :lmao:

There are some old guys here and I want to meet them while their still with us :acme: :devil: :pot: :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
I was 17, and having fun. Any more information may be used as incriminating evidence.

You can share with us. It's safe. What gets posted on 69LaMancha.net stays on 69LaMancha.net... :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
ACME A12 said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
I was 17, and having fun. Any more information may be used as incriminating evidence.

You can share with us. It's safe. What gets posted on 69LaMancha.net stays on 69LaMancha.net... :lmao:

You'd all be accessories then. :devil:

Then just make sure to clearly establish that Stuie was the ringleader and that you were complicit under duress... :devil: :lol: :devil:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
quote="sixgunrunner68"]I was 17, and having fun. Any more information may be used as incriminating evidence.

You'd all be accessories then. :devil:[/quote]

Then just make sure to clearly establish that Stuie was the ringleader and that you were complicit under duress... :devil: :lol: :devil:[/quote]
HEY !!!!!!!!!!

coyotekiller

Reaction score
In 1989 I was in the Navy Stationed in NAS Meridian still married to my first wife my son was a year old than and the car I drove was a 1972 VW Karmann Ghia

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
I was 16 and driving a 78 buick skylark (sh%t brown) ,and looking at my bird that I own to this day ! I was working 3 part-time jobs just to be able to drive to school.

mannye

Reaction score
I had just moved to Miami dragging my first 69 RR behind the moving truck and gotten my first job in TV. I met a pretty girl there and now we have 8 year old twins turning 9 this month and the second RR is going on 10 years of ownership. I still wish I never sold the first one!

ykf7b0

Reaction score
In 1989 I was still in the Navy and stationed in Norfolk, Va. I was dreaming of a 1969 roadrunner but I settled for a IROC Z-28 Camaro. What a piece of junk that car was! It did cement my alliance to Chrysler for evermore and I now stay away from GM - generic motors (now government motors).

sam z

Reaction score
I was a junior in HS, living with my mom. My two older brothers were "out of the house" at that point.
Had no car or license, and zero chance of getting one. However....I think I posted before,
there was a restaurant near by that '70 rr was parked at all the time. I remember seeing it pretty
frequently and thinking something like, "what the hell is that thing, a rr? That car is cool!"

Back