• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can I have a new fender tag made

nicanor

Reaction score
My fender tag has some missing information and is in really bad shape. Where can I have another fender tag made and what information do I need on the fender tag?

Thanks,
Barry

moparchris

Reaction score
Please don't ad any codes to your tag. Its frowned upon heavily and is actually illegal. If your tag is illegible then by all means make an accurate reproduction. Its not worth the bad stigma that comes along with a "created tag". It could possibly ruin any value that your car holds. :cents: Kevin Marti at Marti Auto Works in Arizona will make your tag in a more timely manner than GG.

nicanor

Reaction score
Numbers are hard to read. Bottom left it looks like a letter and 12. Maybe the next numbers are 383.

There is an X9 over the 021.

Top right it looks like A1-33481. Way up top almost inverted it has a R but no number.
Thanks for the help.
Barry

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
nicanor said:
Numbers are hard to read. Bottom left it looks like a letter and 12. Maybe the next numbers are 383.

There is an X9 over the 021.

Top right it looks like A1-33481. Way up top almost inverted it has a R but no number.
Thanks for the help.
Barry

Barry, your car is a Lynch Road car so the missing/hard to read codes on the bottom line of your FT from left to right are:

RM21: RR coupe (post)
E63: 383-4BBL
D21: A-833 four speed

Upper right corner should be 9A and whatever the the last six digits of your VIN are.

You mentioned in the first post in this thread that info is missing. Some is, but not alot. They just weren't there originally. LR FTs just didn't have as much info as some of the other plants did - they are unique animals.

Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Based on what I know about your car, I can probably guess the second line (from the bottom) also:

R4 R4 M2X X9

I strongly reiterate "guess"... Hope this helps.

nicanor

Reaction score
This helps tremendously.

The first letters are RM then 21 and it does look like a E63 the D in D21 wasn't complete, thats why I thought it was a 0. The line before the X9 can't be read at all. Top left, I can't see anything left of A. If the top right is the numbers/letters in the Vin, what are the numbers in the right bottom, 211259?

Thanks,
Barry

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
nicanor said:
This helps tremendously.

The first letters are RM then 21 and it does look like a E63 the D in D21 wasn't complete, thats why I thought it was a 0. The line before the X9 can't be read at all. Top left, I can't see anything left of A. If the top right is the numbers/letters in the Vin, what are the numbers in the right bottom, 211259?

Thanks,
Barry

925 is the build date, September 25, 1968
211259 is the vehicle order number

A31PKG

Reaction score
Barry, Go here for a good explanation of what's what.....

http://www.andy440.com/tag2.htm

Suffice it to say - that in this case anyway - determining the codes will be easier due to the fact that it is a Lynch Rd car and there were not that many codes provided to begin with. Some were even abbreviated (color codes). After looking at past installments on this car, it looks like this is an axle pkg car. As such, there should be a "26" on line 4 (lines are numbered 1-5 read from bottom to top) for the requisite 26" radiator. There should also be a "925" on line 5 for a "4-speed 383 painted orange". There are 4 3-digit codes that would apply to you depending on axle ratio & brake type. Using all of the info, you should come up with a close configuration. Not having a build sheet puts you at a disadvantage in a few areas (such as gate number, etc), but you should get close on most of it....Ain't this fun?
:thumbsup:

nicanor

Reaction score
No, I mean yes.

Taking her out this morning.

Thanks,
Barry

moparchris

Reaction score
That is one of the worst (condition wise) that I have seen. I get what you mean with the "missing" comment.

nicanor

Reaction score
Don't want to tell any tales, but I would like to get a tag that is correct to best of my ability.

What a beautiful day for a drive. Weather was sunny and bright 79 degrees a little wind. I hope the rest of you RR owners get your Roadrunners out of the garage soon.

:acme: for those who can't and :cheers: for those who can.

Thanks,
Barry

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Here's another reason to stay away from GG. I found it posted on For B Bodies Only.

Galen Govier - No more orders
Spoke with Diane there, she is leaving after 15 years, so he will not take on anymore of anything for at least 8 months to a year....

nicanor

Reaction score
Hope your drive was safe and enjoyable and mine.

The season is almost upon us.
Barry

Back