• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do I get a MOPAR battery and what color spark plug wir

nicanor

Reaction score
I want to go to Spring Fling in the stock class. I would like to get a MOPAR battery that fits the Roadrunner. Also they want to see spark plug wires that are the original color.

What is the correct battery to use for our Roadrunners from MOPAR and what are the correct colors for the spark plug wires?

Thanks,
Barry

nicanor

Reaction score
Re: Where do I get a MOPAR battery and what color spark plug

Thank you. Ordered the spark plug wires but have a question on the battery.

The car was built September 1968. Do I use a 1968 battery with red caps or the 1969 with yellow caps? It is a RR with a 383 engine.

Thanks,
Barry

Roadcuda

Reaction score

nicanor said:
Thank you. Ordered the spark plug wires but have a question on the battery.

The car was built September 1968. Do I use a 1968 battery with red caps or the 1969 with yellow caps? It is a RR with a 383 engine.

Thanks,
Barry
Hope you don't mind Barry but I would like to add a question here. Which battery group do we need, a 24 or 27. Looking at the specs on the batteries, it says the group 27 are for the hemi and 440s, and the group 24 are for the 383. Is that right, I always thought that our cars used the group 27 battery.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

Do any of you 383 guys have a broadcast sheet, it shows the battery on it. It might be a group 27 with A/C :huh: I bet if you called Mancinies they could tell you!

Roadcuda

Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
Do any of you 383 guys have a broadcast sheet, it shows the battery on it. It might be a group 27 with A/C :huh: I bet if you called Mancinies they could tell you!
That's the problem I have, no broadcast sheet!

nicanor

Reaction score

I talked to Mancinies. If you have the original alternator that I believe was 35 then you should use a 24 series. If you alternator has been changed throughout the years to a 43 then you should use a 27 series.What those numbers represent, I don't know. Someone here smarter then me will be able to explain the difference.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score

Group 24 battery is about 2 inches shorter in length then the group 27. The group 27, being the larger battery should have slightly more capacity (in theory anyway)

Either will work, I prefer the larger size.

Jim S.

Reaction score

I got a stock 383 no AC. My build sheet says: (O.K. I just did that to piss Bob off) I'll start over. My Broadcast sheet says: F23 for the battery which is a Group 24 59 Amp/Hour 375 CCA with yellow caps. I have nothing marked for which alternator it came with, or I don't know where to find it?

b-sheet.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

Jim S. said:
I got a stock 383 no AC. My build sheet says: (O.K. I just did that to piss Bob off) I'll start over. My Broadcast sheet says: F23 for the battery which is a Group 24 59 Amp/Hour 375 CCA with yellow caps. I have nothing marked for which alternator it came with, or I don't know where to find it?
Now what have I ever done that you would want to piss me off :snowball: :jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
Jim S. said:
Now what have I ever done that you would want to piss me off :snowball: :jester:
:basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase:

Back