• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to get a Vehicle Appraisal

ArcDevilz

Reaction score
Just wondering where a good place to get an appraisal that an insurance company can use to truly insure the value of my car? I requested that Farmers insure my vehicle for 45K. Just wondering if you guys think that's to high or low? I think it's where it needs to be. The car is a numbers matching 383 with a four speed trans. What say the experts?

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Pics would be of great help.

Will they go off your value and just write it based on the math of x dollar amount equals this much premium?

That is all they are really looking at most of the time anyway. Tht and if the car is reasonably worth close to what you say it is and your have a good record.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car prices are down. I'm more up on the A12 market as that's what I have, and they're down about 30%-40% from where they were just a couple of years ago. Sounds a little high to me... :cents:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
you need a appraiser to come and look at your car.....have a the reciepts on hand and go from there....i paid a guy 125.00 for a written appraisial .....normally its 100.00 for every 1000.00 in car value

moparchris

Reaction score
Respectfully, I think that's high. I have seen his car in person and it's about as nice as they come. I think 30-35 would be more acurrate. Specialty insurance componies are way more reasonable on price and service would be better. I use hagerty and they let you state the price.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Respectfully, I think that's high. I have seen his car in person and it's about as nice as they come. I think 30-35 would be more acurrate. Specialty insurance componies are way more reasonable on price and service would be better. I use hagerty and they let you state the price.
American classic is the same way unless your way out of bounds with your request :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Just as a note of reference - I had my car appraised back in '03 by a true Mopar appraiser. The guy has been an OE judge and owns a flawless factory '69 440 Dart. At that time he appraised mine at $24,500. My insurance (Hagerty) adds 2.5% per year to the car's value. Right now the value is listed at just over $28,000. The condition of the car is rated as a #2 Driver. It is not a numbers matching vehicle but is in very good condition none-the-less. Just ask BillyC, Ray or Jerry (moparmoose3). Top value for a #1 rated 383 car was around $35,000 a couple of years ago so I feel confident that mine is rated just about right.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Just as a note of reference - I had my car appraised back in '03 by a true Mopar appraiser. The guy has been an OE judge and owns a flawless factory '69 440 Dart. At that time he appraised mine at $24,500. My insurance (Hagerty) adds 2.5% per year to the car's value. Right now the value is listed at just over $28,000. The condition of the car is rated as a #2 Driver. It is not a numbers matching vehicle but is in very good condition none-the-less. Just ask BillyC, Ray or Jerry (moparmoose3). Top value for a #1 rated 383 car was around $35,000 a couple of years ago so I feel confident that mine is rated just about right.
It looks like a #1 in the pics for a green car :thumbsup:

moparstuart

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
mine has to be worth at least 2-3 grand more being red . :jester: :jester:

moparchris

Reaction score

Your so right Bob! I guess it would be a #2 car if it was blue, and #3 if it was red. :pot:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:

Your so right Bob! I guess it would be a #2 car if it was blue, and #3 if it was red. :pot:
Your lucky I have a need to be nice to you :lol: :lol:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Us green guys have to stay together.

Ma Mopar must have liked the color. There were 4 shades of it that year!

So we got THAT goin' for us!! :beep: :leg:

mcmopar

Reaction score
I knew he was just trying to :pot: but I just considered the source and let it slide :jester: Nice thing about red cars - they're great COP magnets!

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I like the green cars make great part cars comments. I have to admit I have searched and found some nice green parts. Mine will be a purebred, non numbers matching car. There are a lot of used green parts going back on it.

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparchris said:

Your lucky I have a need to be nice to you :lol: :lol:

Your being nice? I would hate to see you being mean! :basketcase: :acme:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
moparchris said:

yeah now thats how you stirr the pot

mannye

Reaction score
I think 45K might have been the number in 06-07, but someone mentioned prices are down (and they are, even for hemis) so taking about 10 to 12K off that might be more realistic. Just look at what they are going for on ebay. I doubt I could get much more than 50 to 55 for my ragtop if I were to sell it and it's like the second or third one ever made and it's BLUE!

GO BLUE TEAM!

Back