• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whew. Electrical issues.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
I don't know if this is your issue but I had a 68 Coronet that would not restart when warm. It turned out to be the

It hasn't started in a few months. Back when it was running mine would do that. I replaced the coil.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey, Russ. Speaking of coil's had two brand new ones that went bad in a short time. Last one was an MSD and is still working. Found out a lot of them you cant lay down on it's side. They are not sealed so the oil they are filled with wont leak out. Good luck and that just might be the problem. :thumbsup2: :BangHead:

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Ok not getting fire to anything. Car will turnover that's it. Ignition switch?

1968 man

Reaction score
You can also try the old fashion way. Run a wire from the positive side of the battery to the hot side of the coil. Turn key to run position and cross over the starter relay with a screw driver. Process of elimination. Good luck. A lot of cars were stolen using this method.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
You can also try the old fashion way. Run a wire from the positive side of the battery to the hot side of the coil. Turn key to run position and cross over the starter relay with a screw driver. Process of elimination. Good luck. A lot of cars were stolen using this method.
With electronic ignition?

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Possible. Russ, did you print off the wiring diagram? If you trace the BROWN wire back from the coil to the ignition switch, turn on the ignition and test for power.
Ok will try that

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Have you checked the fuse link at the fire wall? Do you have power coming to your blast resistor? Without being their it is hard to walk through the system. Go to the wiring Diagram on here and start at the beginning. Do you have a new start run relay? Also check to see if you have a good ground. The ECU must have a good ground also.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Have you checked the fuse link at the fire wall? Do you have power coming to your blast resistor? Without being their it is hard to walk through the system. Go to the wiring Diagram on here and start at the beginning. Do you have a new start run relay? Also check to see if you have a good ground. The ECU must have a good ground also.
I believe this ground is good. I'm gonna have to redo the bulkhead. I have fire there but it's in bad shape

20210927_184711.jpg

Russ Hood

Reaction score
I don't believe I have the start run relay. What is that?

V.R.D

Reaction score
that wiring is a mess and could be the problem buy a new engine harness from year one .

MoparDan

Reaction score
I believe this ground is good. I'm gonna have to redo the bulkhead. I have fire there but it's in bad shape

View attachment 36401
I'd pull the bulkhead connector apart and spray it with electrical contact cleaner. If that works you can either coat the contacts with dielectric grease or as V.R.D. suggested, replace the engine harness.

Back