• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why it's soo cool to drive a 'Runner

moparchris

Reaction score
Living in the mecca of the fart can crowd, I can tell you that they will do anything to get you to race. As if blowing past me on the freeway at 100 in stop and go traffic is going to change my mind! Dumbasses. Then when one crashes on the street (which is all the time) the news has to group them in with us responsible muscle car crowd. :soap:

mannye

Reaction score
I hardly ever see any muscle cars around here. It's all kids in fart can mobiles or exotics being driven by douchebags that wouldn't dream of going past 30mph OR idiots that rented an exotic to drive on south beach and are only using them to get laid.

ALthough... this one time, on the way home, (theoretically and just for the fun of a story, officer) I found myself doing triple digits with some guys that got it. A Bentley GT (I swear they seem to grow on trees around here) some Barabus Mercedes coupe and a BMW 760 v-12 that also looked to be massaged. It must have been quite a sight, these three ultra-sleek super cars and a beeper doing over 100 down the Julia Tuttle causeway!

Luckily we ran out of road way before those luxo-barges could get up to full speed because I was already going as fast as I dared and we spent the next few seconds yelling attaboys before we all split up at the entrance to Miami Beach. The other three cars were just getting ready to REALLY go fast at 110 or 115 (I was too concentrated on not dying to look closely)!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mannye said:
I hardly ever see any muscle cars around here. It's all kids in fart can mobiles or exotics being driven by douchebags that wouldn't dream of going past 30mph OR idiots that rented an exotic to drive on south beach and are only using them to get laid.

ALthough... this one time, on the way home, (theoretically and just for the fun of a story, officer) I found myself doing triple digits with some guys that got it. A Bentley GT (I swear they seem to grow on trees around here) some Barabus Mercedes coupe and a BMW 760 v-12 that also looked to be massaged. It must have been quite a sight, these three ultra-sleek super cars and a beeper doing over 100 down the Julia Tuttle causeway!

Luckily we ran out of road way before those luxo-barges could get up to full speed because I was already going as fast as I dared and we spent the next few seconds yelling attaboys before we all split up at the entrance to Miami Beach. The other three cars were just getting ready to REALLY go fast at 110 or 115 (I was too concentrated on not dying to look closely)!
Wild story, but it must have felt great to know that your bird can still fly if you want it to!!!!
:beep: :banana:

mannye

Reaction score
Yeah, but at the end there the front end started floating and wasn't really very reassuring! I have since met the same guys on the same stretch of road in the mornings going the other way and once in a while in my daily driver, when there's room, we stand on it, that Bentley sure can fly!

Strange that we haven't yet stopped for a beer or three. I guess they are busy doing whatever it is they do to afford 6-figure daily drivers!

MarPar

Reaction score
Around here, there is enough old muscle rollin around that the fart can douches don't even bother, it seems like they learned their lessons long ago...now if i'm in the daily driver, it's game on, bitches!! I blow the doors off pretty much anything that tries to race! :jester:

mannye

Reaction score
Oh man...good one the other day! At least the kid was respectful...

Must have been 17 years old... in one of those tuna cans with a wing... sounded like my CPU fan does if a wire drags on it.

Looking at the 383 callouts... "Wow! Almost 4 liters!" I rarely stomp it, on the street, but that one just made me put my foot into the floor.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mannye said:
Oh man...good one the other day! At least the kid was respectful...

Must have been 17 years old... in one of those tuna cans with a wing... sounded like my CPU fan does if a wire drags on it.

Looking at the 383 callouts... "Wow! Almost 4 liters!" I rarely stomp it, on the street, but that one just made me put my foot into the floor.
So much for the metric system :lol:

Back