• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WiperArms

Jim S.

Reaction score
Is there some trick I'm missing to getting these things off? I need to re-paint my hood stripes and the front of the radiator support with some Organisol I bought a few years back. Damn wiper arms seem to be welded on........Jim

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rather than inadvertently insulting your intelligence by perhaps stating the obvious, can you share what you have done/tried so far so we can better zero in on a solution for you...?

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Note to self (Ole Mustard Toe was polite today) Jim there is a tab that holds it on, and if you have already knew about that then put some padding over your paint and pry it off. There is a tool for this also.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ole Mustard Toe was polite today

I am always polite...ocassionally my extensive usage of smilies to convey humorous intent gets overlooked and then I have to go through the "Lucy, you got some 'splaining to do..." routine, but I can assure you that I never intend to be impolite to anyone...but like you, I tend to be a bit of a smart-a$$... :D albeit with no malice intended. As I've noted before, the problem with this type of communicative exchange is the absence of facial expressions and voice tone... Makes it easy for one to be misunderstood...now quit :acme: me... :lol:

OMT

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

I am always polite...ocassionally my extensive usage of smilies to convey humorous intent gets overlooked and then I have to go through the "Lucy, you got some 'splaining to do..." routine, but I can assure you that I never intend to be impolite to anyone...but like you, I tend to be a bit of a smart-a$$... :D albeit with no malice intended. As I've noted before, the problem with this type of communicative exchange is the absence of facial expressions and voice tone... Makes it easy for one to be misunderstood...now quit :acme: me... :lol:

OMT
:acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :lmao: I cant help it

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

OMT
:acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :lmao: I cant help it
I'm always polite too, you idiots just read me wrong sometimes......... :devil:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier, who the h,e, double hockey sticks invited you into this. Jim, Ray and I were having a conversation, that was very impolite. :devil:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier, who the h,e, double hockey sticks invited you into this. Jim, Ray and I were having a conversation, that was very impolite. :devil:

He probably doesn't say "pardon" after a flatulent episode either... :pot: :lmao:

Jim S.

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Note to self (Ole Mustard Toe was polite today) Jim there is a tab that holds it on, and if you have already knew about that then put some padding over your paint and pry it off. There is a tool for this also.
Yes that is exactly what I have tried. I'll keep at. Just didn't want to break anything being stupid. I will probably find red loctite under there. Man, I'm going to have to ask more questions on here just to watch you guys fight. Thanks........Jim

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
69hemibeep said:
Yes that is exactly what I have tried. I'll keep at. Just didn't want to break anything being stupid. I will probably find red loctite under there. Man, I'm going to have to ask more questions on here just to watch you guys fight. Thanks........Jim

This was just a preliminary bout to generate some interest... If you want to watch us duke it out for the title you'll have to catch us on Pay-Per-View...and Bob is a Phone Cop so don't try to steal the signal... :chuck:
:lmao:

ACME

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
69hemibeep said:

sounds like they have been on since 1969....

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Oh, padon me for by intrusion. I didn't mean to upset anyone..........under his breath "you prick"........................... :lmao: :devil:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
Oh, padon me for by intrusion. I didn't mean to upset anyone..........under his breath "you prick"........................... :lmao: :devil:
:pot: Again! :devil:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
:pot: Again! :devil:

Correction my fine F5 RR friend: :pot: Still! :devil:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
I heard that :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :horse:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
I heard that :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: :horse:
:D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
[quote="Big John":2a9g5q2o]There is a K-D tool that can take the arms off very nicely.

http://www.kd-tools.com/2039.htm
Well the pri*ks still won't come off. What the He*l do I have to do, apply heat!!!! Might have to get that tool, John. Anyway, I hardly care about the wipers anymore, I just like what I started here.............Jim :lol:[/quote:2a9g5q2o]
You stay out of this :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Jim S. said:
[quote="Big John":ekjeqvrk]There is a K-D tool that can take the arms off very nicely.

http://www.kd-tools.com/2039.htm
Well the pri*ks still won't come off. What the He*l do I have to do, apply heat!!!! Might have to get that tool, John. Anyway, I hardly care about the wipers anymore, I just like what I started here.............Jim :lol:
You stay out of this :lol:[/quote:ekjeqvrk]
Be nice now Bob. :jester: After all, we do encourage the new guys to join in on the fun, don't we? :acme: :lol:

Back