• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wiring question

quikbird

Reaction score
Complete new harness runs about 300-500 depending on size. Pretty same price from Ron Francis, painless, autowire etc

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks quikbird. Think mine is fine and got to check it out to see if it has an extra wire to the trunk for my rear window defrost. If not I have a bunch of wire so might run my own. Think all I need is the engine bay wiring kind of brittle after all these year's. Russ.

IRON MAN

Reaction score
I have a 1970 roadrunner and can I convert a oil light wire to a oil pressure wire because I cannot find a new under dash wire harness with a oil pressure gauge wire on the Classic industries web page ?

dmartin

Reaction score
Need new gauge cause the oil pressure gauge has a small tube that shows the oil pressure they make good looking gauges for that purpose or you can hide it but I like keeping an eye on it case something goes wrong the idiot light won’t tell you till it’s to late

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You could use the idiot light wire and extend it to an electric oil gauge and change the sending unit. Or you could tee off the block with an oil line to a mechanical oil gauge and keep the light.

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
no need to Tee off the sender on a Big block...on the opposite side there is a pipe plu where you can run the manual gauge line

Rich B

Reaction score
Oil pressure actual gauge would be a really good idea to retain. Mine would show normal then low pressure then OK again with shifts. Saved the motor more than once. One time had carb float spring leak and crankcase was so full of gas, wouldn’t hold any pressure at all.

IRON MAN

Reaction score
Thank you I will think about these options I like having both oil gauge and light though. I have a rally gauge cluster in my 1970 roadrunner that has a oil pressure gauge and I would have to buy a oil light

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
It is nice to have a set of gauges that tell temp-oil pressure and amp meter. Over the original dash gauges. I did not like the warning light for temp like most of us know by the time it flashes it is already really hot. So if one fails you always have the other's for safety. Good luck. Hope it work's out for you. Russ.

IRON MAN

Reaction score
It is nice to have a set of gauges that tell temp-oil pressure and amp meter. Over the original dash gauges. I did not like the warning light for temp like most of us know by the time it flashes it is already really hot. So if one fails you always have the other's for safety. Good luck. Hope it work's out for you. Russ.
Russ
Thank You

Back