• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

With or without...keep blue or go black??

woodwiz

Reaction score
I love the look of all the 69 A12 Roadrunners I see with no hubcaps and black wheels. I have the original steel wheels on my 70 that are b7 blue w/dogdish caps but just would like some opinions on these without caps in blue or black or with caps blue or black....I must be bored

487957BB-7DC9-4168-9E46-F8F758E8EDFD.jpeg

5CBE293A-B6A8-4459-9056-A04DB5879072.jpeg

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Interesting question, I like the look of both but 51% of me says black while 49% says blue

woodwiz

Reaction score
My thoughts seriously are without looks more muscle,but the caps tend to show off the depth of the wheels.
I would have never thought of either look back in 75 when I had my first RR. Big stuff back then was Cragers or the factory rallye’s.

V.R.D

Reaction score
that looks sharp. the blue and the red line then the dog dish look right.

cosgig

Reaction score
I’m always in the camp of dog dish, which if original would be the way I would stay.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
My opinion is the dog dishes go better with the RWL tires. The A-12 look goes better with the redline tires. I prefer the body colored steelies over plain black. If you want black rims, I would get another set of rims to paint black and use with the redline tires (A-12 look). Get a set of RWL tires to go with the painted set and dog dishes.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Thinking about the Cooper gt’s 245-60-15’s. That black wheel on a blue car looks wicked. Painting the stock blue wheels might be spendy and regret later. So for now I will run as is unless I find a smoking deal on a painter or another 15x8” set of black wheels.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As much as I love A12s...I'm not a fan of the black hose reel look. Seldom (please note that I did not write "never") get excited by poverty caps either. Day Two is where it is at in my book. Anything but Corvette or Van Mags - vectors or any other "turbine" style wheels... absolutely hate 'em. JMHO.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
do you think Plymouth missed this one in 1970 ?????
Personally, no. Much prefer the '70 (and darker '71 version) bullet center cap over the large "serrated" versions of the Rallye Center Cap that came later. To me those just mean giant, rubber buggy bumpers, low compression, and no Hemi or Six Barrel.

Back