• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

With or without...keep blue or go black??

droptop

Reaction score
Not a fan of rallye wheels. Just a cheap stamped steel wheel with a little bit of bling thrown at it. There are so many better choices. :2cents:

nevada dan

Reaction score
I like the rally's on A bodies I think they look too small on a B body

woodwiz

Reaction score
A little spin-off question: how many of you run a larger (wider) tire on the back as opposed to keeping all four the same size? I have the redline BFG redlines (coker) 235-70-15 all around and would like to go a tad bigger in the rear,but i'm not sure the (cokers) can go say..255-60-15. I'd like to not swap all four just to accomodate a 60 series in the rear. Also if a rear 60series should go flat i think there might be an issue with mounting my 235-70-15 in terms of different tire dimensions...Any thoughts?

nevada dan

Reaction score
I run N50's on the rear with 411 sure grip, not much worried about getting a flat ,will handle it if, when it happens

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
I run a 235 60 15 on the front and 275 60 15 on the rear

woodwiz

Reaction score
Big on the back...nice! I heard one of our brothers on here speak of the revolutions of a mixed size on the back if and when you use a different spare size,it might hurt the differential on the drive. My car has a very nice set of the BFG (coker) redlines 235-70-15 and a 225-70-15 spare. These tires are 300 bones apiece and i either sell them now with next to no miles on them or get busy doing some blvd. burnouts.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well just let air out of the 60 H on the back to match the size of spare. Then drive home a little slower. This is always been an issue with larger tires on the back. Carry a can of fix a flat is one option but that stuff is rough on rim's. Tire plug kit and an air bottle.

nevada dan

Reaction score
They make some pretty good little air compressors and a plug kit , I’ve driven over 60 miles with 10 plugs in the sidewall of my 37” tall tire in my truck on a deer hunt

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
They make some pretty good little air compressors and a plug kit , I’ve driven over 60 miles with 10 plugs in the sidewall of my 37” tall tire in my truck on a deer hunt
Impressive. The most Ive seen was 28 plugs along with duct tape in a 39.5 but that was to get him out of the wash and back to a trailer not drive home LOL

tdex

Reaction score
Agree with Ranger...always liked black wheels and chrome lugs on the A12's. Says "all business" to me.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
A friend of mine got a deer with a F100 one year. But the truck got it pretty bad also. LOL.

Back