• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WooHoo Look what Santa Bob got himself

V269

Reaction score
Well, ain't you just the fancy one. Sweet. I too have a set of black steelies and was thinking of putting them on for a while to be different. Just something I like about orange cars with black wheels.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
happy for you, but as for me......I'd slap a set of Cragar SS and some big meats out back... :drive: :drive: :drive:

moparchris

Reaction score
Nothing looks better than steelies with redlines! Good job Bob. Your Roadrunner is officially the unofficial baddest car in the world.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Nothing looks better than steelies with redlines! Good job Bob. Your Roadrunner is officially the unofficial baddest car in the world.
officially unofficial :huh: :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see dimples...looks like you've got legit '69 H Wheels there Chief...that will be smokin' hot with the poverty caps... :thumbsup:

I do like Dave's idea for an alternate set of rubber with some attitude however...might be fun to change it up every once in a while... :D

:jester:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
......and just when I convinced myself not to get F70-14 Goodyear Speedways on my car in favor of radials, you have to go and post a pic like that! :toetap:

They look beautiful, but the bias plys scare me a little......back to square one for me.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I see dimples...looks like you've got legit '69 H Wheels there Chief...that will be smokin' hot with the poverty caps... :thumbsup:

I do like Dave's idea for an alternate set of rubber with some attitude however...might be fun to change it up every once in a while... :D

there is a local guy, still has the '70 GTX 6 Barrel car he bought brand new.All original except for the driver's seat cover IIRC. He has the original steelies he puts on for shows. The rest of the time he has the Keystone Klassics he bought in 1970 on it. Beautiful car......but it's..........Blue........ :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme:

V269

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

Ray what do you mean by dimples ? My steelies have the letter H stamped on as well.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Ken King said:
[quote="ACME A12":32o3ffa6]I see dimples...looks like you've got legit '69 H Wheels there Chief...that will be smokin' hot with the poverty caps... :thumbsup:

Ray what do you mean by dimples ? My steelies have the letter H stamped on as well.[/quote:32o3ffa6]
Going to ask Ray the same thing. Think the dimples on either side of the valve stem. Where is the "H" stamped?
They look really good Bob....

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
[quote="Ken King":11gs0blt][quote="ACME A12":11gs0blt]I see dimples...looks like you've got legit '69 H Wheels there Chief...that will be smokin' hot with the poverty caps... :thumbsup:

Ray what do you mean by dimples ? My steelies have the letter H stamped on as well.[/quote:11gs0blt]
Going to ask Ray the same thing. Think the dimples on either side of the valve stem. Where is the "H" stamped?
They look really good Bob....[/quote:11gs0blt]

These wheels are one of the things that keep A12 owners (that don't have them) up at night. Because the center of the wheel is not covered by a poverty cap, it's on display for the world to see... '69 H Wheels are unique because of the dimples on the inside of the nubs used to retain the poverty caps. Quite visible once you know that they are supposed to be there...not an issue if you cover them with poverty caps...but A12s didn't come that way... The main things to look for in a 1969 H Wheel are 1) the dimples, 2) the "H" stamped between the lug stud holes, 3) valve stem hole will be directly aligned with one of the nubs - not opposite it (this is also where the date code will be found), & 4) the M-5-9 stamping on the perimeter of the wheel. This denotes Motor Wheel Plant #5 in 1969. The only acceptable stamping for an A12 - and I assume for a Hemi - Bob, please correct me if I am wrong - I'm not a Hemi Guy. The other thing that one might look for would be a date code that correctly corresponds (that can simply be interpretted as "before") with the actual build date of your car; but it's hard enough to find these things, let alone get good dates... For Bambi I have one wheel that is original to the car, a '68, and two '72 wheels. So, yep, I'm still looking...but not too hard; I LOVE MY HALIBRANDS... :D

You can restamp and dimple an incorrect set of wheels (so now you know why I mentioned valve stem hole placement) but that is a story for another time... :cool:

Here are some pics to better illustrate...

Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ray pretty well covered it. My H-wheels are all dated Nov and Dec of 1968 for a car dated Jan of 1969, so the A12 guys would like them but really need dates from March and later to go with the production dates of A12s. But again just try finding H wheels.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
like there wasn't enough to worry about..... :huh:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:

In keeping with our topic wandering...I'll add this. Dave, the A12 stuff is a PITA. There's the Prestolite distributor...and the correct Delco-Remy idle solenoid...and the 070 fan torque clutch (gotta fight off the Hemi & AAR-T/A guys for those) & the 216 fan...and the 054 radiator...and God forbid that you need the air cleaner assembly... Yep, tracking down the A12 restoration stuff can be "FUN"...and it damn sure ain't cheap...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

In keeping with our topic wandering...I'll add this. Dave, the A12 stuff is a PITA. There's the Prestolite distributor...and the correct Delco-Remy idle solenoid...and the 070 fan torque clutch (gotta fight off the Hemi & AAR-T/A guys for those) & the 216 fan...and the 054 radiator...and God forbid that you need the air cleaner assembly... Yep, tracking down the A12 restoration stuff can be "FUN"...and it damn sure ain't cheap...

Did someone say 070 clutch I need one. Ray on hemis 4spd fans are 215 and autos is 216. Is this true on A12s. My daughter is sleeping in the room that my reference material is right now or I wouldn't ask.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Did someone say 070 clutch I need one. Ray on hemis 4spd fans are 215 and autos is 216. Is this true on A12s. My daughter is sleeping in the room that my reference material is right now or I wouldn't ask.

Bob, 216 across the board on the A12s. You didn't pick up one of those for $2 from a chebbie guy at the swap meet too, did you??? :D

Steve

Reaction score
I've got a set of them Bob,came with the car(see pic at Southampton Docks).Look good with the Redlines but the car handles like a pig.You've all on keeping the car in a straight line,it wanders all over.
166.jpg
Crager SS for me :thumbsup:
168.jpg

6T9Hemi

Reaction score
Not all H wheels had the dimples. The very early (July 68 dated) wheels did not have the dimples in the nubs. Also, there are original A-12's out there with H wheels that were made and dated late 68.

Back