• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Roaddrunner/clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FridayGt

Reaction score
Well, I figured I'd throw my want ad out here as well. Who knows, maybe someone here has one or knows of one in my range! Now, as you can tell by my budget, I can't offer much of a finders fee, but I am certainly not above paying a finders fee in some fine cigars! Lol

Well, my budget is $9K and $9k tops. Just because that is the top of my budget, please understand that is not necessarily what is getting spent. I'm all about bang for buck here and understand that a value of one vehicle changes from person to person. Here are my list of likes. I am willing to accept alternatives within reason, but am looking for a driving project car. I am not above a clone, and given this is my first project car and the list of wants I have, a clone is what I've been expecting. Numbers matching is not a concern of mine either.

'71-'72 are my favorite years (I know guys... Lol), Followed by '70 & '69. Ultimately, nothing above '72.
Plum crazy purple makes me squeal like a school girl, but paint can always be redone.
STRONG 383 at minimum please. A 440 that I can turn into a 6 pack is ideal.
Four in the floor is ideal. If automatic, I would prefer it in the floor and I'll have to switch it later.
No rust. I can't weld so anything above minimal surface rust is out of my realm.
Functioning electrical, high's, low's, horn, brake's etc... Passing inspection would be a huge selling point.

I am willing to do business long distance. The vehicle will, however, be inspected and shipping will eat into my budget, but I will coordinate it. We will work out a sales agreement that will protect us both as much as possible. I am located in Delaware. I should have added it to the list, but honesty is the most important aspect of this sale for me. Be honest with me and the value of your vehicle will raise accordingly in my eyes. I have cash in hand from three previous sellers trying to be less than forthcoming. Thanks for at least taking the time to read this ad. If you have or know of a vehicle that you think may work out, please let me know. Feel free to make an offer, the worst I can do is say no!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
FridayGt said:
No rust. I can't weld so anything above minimal surface rust is out of my realm.

This might prove to be more than a speed bump. It's hard to find anything that is a RR or can be turned into one with your your budget ceiling that is rust free. Spend half an hour on e-bay. You'll soon see what I mean. Rust free is the holy grail - after all these cars (all on your list) are 40-ish years old. I don't want to burst your bubble, but if $9K is all that is in the budget then you are more than likely going to have dance with the red devil known as iron oxide... A better plan might be to take welding classes, make friends with a good welder, or start saving to pay the body shop...because unless you get INCREDIBLY lucky you're going to be fixing some rust. :cents:

FridayGt

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
FridayGt said:

This might prove to be more than a speed bump. It's hard to find anything that is a RR or can be turned into one with your your budget ceiling that is rust free. Spend half an hour on e-bay. You'll soon see what I mean. Rust free is the holy grail - after all these cars (all on your list) are 40-ish years old. I don't want to burst your bubble, but if $9K is all that is in the budget then you are more than likely going to have dance with the red devil known as iron oxide... A better plan might be to take welding classes, make friends with a good welder, or start saving to pay the body shop...because unless you get INCREDIBLY lucky you're going to be fixing some rust. :cents:

Thanks for the advice. That's one of the reasons I said I'm willing to accept alternatives within reason. I realize that my ideal car that I listed out is the ideal car of many and as such carries a larger price tag with it. I listed my likes in hopes that it would help others to know what I'm looking for. I say within reason because I've actually had someone try to offer me a Honda civic in response to one of my ads.

Like I said, make an offer, I have cash in hand and the worst I can do is say no! I was even polite about saying no to the civic... Lol

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
:jester:

FridayGt

Reaction score
Although, believe it or not, I actually have found a few that meet all of the requirements. One in particular had everything down and with only minor surface rust. The seller however was unwilling to take a deposit from me and sold it before I was able to get there to see it. The other two, one person was unwilling to do business long distance (can't blame him) and the other was unwilling to have it inspected (bad sign). All three were well within my buudget, but didn't work out for one reason or another. So, now I'm just trying to wait and be patient and get the word out. We'll see, maybe I luck out and maybe I don't, but it can't hurt to try I suppose.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
FridayGt said:
Although, believe it or not, I actually have found a few that meet all of the requirements. One in particular had everything down and with only minor surface rust. The seller however was unwilling to take a deposit from me and sold it before I was able to get there to see it. The other two, one person was unwilling to do business long distance (can't blame him) and the other was unwilling to have it inspected (bad sign). All three were well within my buudget, but didn't work out for one reason or another. So, now I'm just trying to wait and be patient and get the word out. We'll see, maybe I luck out and maybe I don't, but it can't hurt to try I suppose.
Yeah, it never hurts to keep trying. If you don't you'll never even have a chance of getting lucky. Good hunting.

FridayGt

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Yeah, it never hurts to keep trying. If you don't you'll never even have a chance of getting lucky. Good hunting.

Thanks for the kind kind woords and wiishes!

FridayGt

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that one too. I had seen it earlier, but had almost though I could get a smidge more bang for my buck. I think if I'm going to spend towards the top of my budget for an auto on colum I'm going to try to go with a real roadrunner. That is one clean looking Satellite though isn't it?!

FridayGt

Reaction score
Oooh, I hadn't seen the clone with the 440, I wonder what work it needs. Good looking out Man, thanks! I'll defenitely get in touch with the guy.

I did see that coronet. Not what I'm looking for necessarily, but looks like one heck of a find! Real nice Bbody!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
better jump on that 'clone! even f t needs another engne Caly body new gut :thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/2576275404.html
here is a 73

I know the step dad of the guy that is selling that. If anyone is really interested, let me know. It's not too far from me.

FridayGt

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
better jump on that 'clone! even f t needs another engne Caly body new gut :thumbsup:

Dang! It had already sold by the time I called, oh well. It looks like someone got themselves a CLEAN car!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well then chec out that one in Philly. if nothing else. this shows that there are deals to be had! now go find one! :thumbsup:

FridayGt

Reaction score
Hey all! Just wanted to make sure I let you guys know that I got my car last night! Not a 69 but still just as sweet. She needs a lot of looks work, but she's a real runner and was a good deal for both the seller and the buyer.

KGrHqJl4E5pWzGcdBOcirMnJQ60_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back