• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X Pipe vs H Pipe

JJRJR

Reaction score
Guys, while I suspect this topic has been beaten up somewhere on this site, I haven't quite mastered the Search function. I'm trying to decide between an X or H pipe exhaust design from TTI. Engine is a 383, warmed up pretty well. From what I've "heard", the H pipe design will give a deeper muscle car sound where the X pipe will be quieter. But the X may give more top end HP?

Any comments? Any videos with sound of either design?

Thanks,
John

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I had the H pipe on my 69 Big Block Dart and iit sounded real good that the sheriff knew when I was running hard :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
X pipe supposedly gives a couple more ponies from what I've read. As far as sound goes, I have the x pipe on my 3" tti system and it sounds plenty tough to me.
x-pipe :thumbsup:

moparchris

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
BBillyC said:
That's cool! Any performance reports on this sort of mod?
its gotta be a tad more hp with less restriction.....i would think :D

Back to back dyno test on a 1000hp car (880 at the wheels) open header made less HP than 4 inch magna flows with the tweak chamber. IIRC it was minimal but it made significantly more torque in the mid range and adjusting the length of the chamber moved the peak torque around. Pretty cool. BTW I didn't come up with the idea (I wish), my propeller hat wearing engineer buddy engineered it.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Crack pipe :basketcase: :leave:

"Crack is whack."
And Whitney should know... Probably won't be any surprises in those autopsy results... :basketcase:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
Crack pipe :basketcase: :leave:

"Crack is whack."
And Whitney should know... Probably won't be any surprises in those autopsy results... :basketcase:
Quite a waste of talent :yesnod:

moparperf

Reaction score
I have the TTI X-pipe, it sounds great. People say it has a nice tone. Extra power too.

Back