• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yes, the 69 Road Runner is my favorite car of all time!

MuscleMopars

Reaction score
It started for me in high school in the 70's. I went with a good friend of mine to help him buy his first car. It was a slightly used R6 Scorch Red '69 Road Runner. Car was only about 4 years old at that time and it already had a built 440 in it replacing the 383 and a 4 speed replacing the AT. This car could lift the front wheels off the ground! The good thing was my friend was afraid to drive the car and let me drive it eveytime I was with him. This is where my love for the '69 Road Runners started.
I've owned many since then and today I have a Black on Black with Black Performance hood stripes and a Red pin stripe 383 4 speed '69 Road Runner. It's all numbers matching, never a spot of rust on it and all paperwork from day one. It's all original other than being repainted it's original colors once back in the mid '80's because of some light dings and scratches. It was a one owner car until I got it. It may not be the last '69 Road Runner I ever have but I sure like this one!

Eric

0000.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Sounds like a beast back in the day, what had been done to it to go so fast? For Harry's sake Oh and I like your Black one also!

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Welcome from Pittsburgh - Beautiful car!

(Bob's one of the elders on here....)

Bob, that was a different car that lifted the wheels, not this one. :facepalm:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Welcome from Pittsburgh - Beautiful car!

(Bob's one of the elders on here....)

Bob, that was a different car that lifted the wheels, not this one. :facepalm:

That is the one he is asking about, Harry...hence the "back in the day" reference... :beep:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
But Ray, in all the other previous posts, the subject is this current black car. When you read Bob's comment he appears confused. :crazy:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
But Ray, in all the other previous posts, the subject is this current black car. When you read Bob's comment he appears confused. :crazy:
I went back and clarified it for you Harry

Back