• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 petty blue road runner

Anthony Chewy

Reaction score
WP_20181028_11_49_22_Rich (2).jpg Need help with fender tag decode on this 68 petty blue road runner I just picked up,thanks for any help.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Show the car! Love to see it.

dmartin

Reaction score
Welcome from the peach state with the wave alright another blue bird like them mags

Anthony Chewy

Reaction score
pick up car tomorrow, I'll take some more pics then. Really clean not your typical Michigan car.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
sweet..love the mags..looks like a muscle car should. Mine cam from Michigan too, clean except for the quarters.

Anthony Chewy

Reaction score
Thanks I just might have to keep them on there, everyone loves em, just have to find fronts.

RKNRLR

Reaction score

Anthony Chewy

Reaction score
Thank you, yeah that's what Richard said also, also was surprised that it was ordered with a 3.23 open diff.

doctordodge

Reaction score
Ours is a 3.55 sure grip 383 4 speed Built in February. You spoke with him? We had ours at the museum but no one there knew anything about it. Was he able to tell you anything about the history of these cars? We are taking it to the MCACN show in Chicago a couple weeks from now. It's kinda rough and will be in the barn finds section

doctordodge

Reaction score
My mistake. When you mentioned Richard I thought you meant the King. From what I have been able to find is that there may have only been 10 built. Your late production date has me wondering about that number however.

Anthony Chewy

Reaction score
I wish it was him! According to the guy who restored one he talked to galan goviar and he knew of 5, 4 from St Louis plant and 1 from LA??? Who knows. There's not many.

Back