• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 petty blue road runner

1968 man

Reaction score
Yep probably so just curious , you don’t see a lot of these cars around, it’s very cool to hear of someone else that has one. How are you coming on yours? Post some pictures we love pictures. :beep:

Anthony Chewy

Reaction score
I used the formula. I think it matched up pretty good. That's cool you got yours from the original owner! Was he a Big Petty fan?

WP_20191005_17_11_38_Pro.jpg

Anthony Chewy

Reaction score
motor and trans going in next week, just ordered the interior from legendary, won't have that till after Christmas.

1968 man

Reaction score
He said he got to drive it around Charlotte motor speedway back in the 70s ,of course its Lowes motor speedway now. Lol. That would be cool.

1968 man

Reaction score
I couldn't get the paint nor the formula from Petty motorsports at the time I was painting the car but they did offer to paint it for me for a healthy penny. The guy that worked for Richard in the body shop asked me to send some pictures of the car so he could check it out and noticed how nice the underside of the deck lid looked and asked if that was the original paint, which it was, he told me off the record that if it was cleaned up with compound and wax I should be able to do the 3D imagery match, long story short it matched perfect.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Moving rite a long Anthony. Made a lot of progress buddy. Car is looking grate. Looks a lot different than when you got it. Keep us posted on it. :thumbsup2:

Back