• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
pretty hard to hide another car in a one car garage......I just lucky Mrs Basket doesn't like to go down to the basement and see how many black steam engines are there.....

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
pretty hard to hide another car in a one car garage......I just lucky Mrs Basket doesn't like to go down to the basement and see how many black steam engines are there.....
I know what you mean there Dave. Isn't it fun having two expensive hobbies?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
BTW, Gary - to get somewhat back on topic... :crazy:

This thread is causing me a tad bit of grief back at the hacienda... Mrs. ACME sometimes peers over my shoulders when I access this site in the evenings so naturally she spotted the topic title of this thread. She has wanted a '68 GTX - a drop-top to be specific - for sometime now... So she of course starts in with the "Who got a '68 GTX?", twenty other questions, and several pointed reminders that she wants a '68 GTX... Could be a lot worse things on her "I want list" I guess... :lol:

:jester:
Well........you know how to fix that......tightwad... :acme:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Well........you know how to fix that......tightwad... :acme:

Ah, after at least 1.5 seconds of root cause analysis we have found the problem...$$$. She doesn't want the "X" in place of anything, she wants it in addition to... Any mention of selling the Swinger to "trade up" is met with stiff opposition...and the SRT4 is nearly 3 years old so she's itching for a new daily driver. Bambi is still waiting for her turn in paint jail and that won't be cheap, and I haven't done crap about getting the Camaro ready to sell. Couple all of that with the Republic of Kalifornification's recent financial rape of earnings and it ain't looking so good for the acquisition of a "X"... Oh well. This too shall all pass...

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
I know what you mean there Dave. Isn't it fun having two expensive hobbies?

actually Steve, the trains are the cheap hobby. I'll never have a $1000+ steam engine, nice as they are. I'm the guy at the train show, on the floor going thru the junk boxes. I went to a show in November, and came away with some Prewar (WWll) passenger cars, for $1 each, which i refurbished, and ran under the Christmas tree, pulled behind a steam engine I rebuilt. I have enough trains that are ready to run. I like the projects. Alot of my trains are under $20, but sometimes that's hard to come by.I sure wish that Global Warming would kick in, so I don't have to buy anymore $3+ heating oil.... :soap: [/color]

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":2m4bmcyj]Well........you know how to fix that......tightwad... :acme:

Ah, after at least 1.5 seconds of root cause analysis we have found the problem...$$$. She doesn't want the "X" in place of anything, she wants it in addition to... Any mention of selling the Swinger to "trade up" is met with stiff opposition...and the SRT4 is nearly 3 years old so she's itching for a new daily driver. Bambi is still waiting for her turn in paint jail and that won't be cheap, and I haven't done crap about getting the Camaro ready to sell. Couple all of that with the Republic of Kalifornification's recent financial rape of earnings and it ain't looking so good for the acquisition of a "X"... Oh well. This too shall all pass...

:jester:[/quote:2m4bmcyj]
Trust me Brother......I feel your pain.. :lol:

Back