• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="Big John":3om8j78o]

Yea, I would think that it would be best with joints designed to use the glue.

I've been thinking of replacing the front half of my RR floor pan, welding it around the front and sides like the factory spot welds, making an overlap joint over the t-bar cross member and using glue for that joint. I would be using the front 1/2 of the AMD floor and joining it to the orginal floor.
If you were to bond something that would give you enough surface, but there is allot of torque to the floor and that t-bar is the easiest spot to weld. Drill and plug weld. I was looking at the same thing on my Valiant :cents:

I would drill and plug weld to the cross member. All the factory welds would be duplicated, just where my new section of floor attaches to the old section (over the cross member) would be glued. I'd make a nice lap joint with the old section, lay the glue in and attach the new section to it. It would save making a four foot long weld.[/quote:3om8j78o]
Ok I get what you are saying :thumbsup:

Jim S.

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
It's not mine, just the next one in line. Gonna strip it totally down, strip it bare metal and do it right......Already has new quarters and floor pans........ :thumbsup:

Gary, what are you going to use to strip it? DA and maybe chemical stripper in the nooks? I'm assuming that it only has epoxy primer on it now. It will be fun to see the progress... :yesnod:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So how are you going to squeeze the Road Runner into the schedule if you have all of this outside stuff going on...? :popcorn:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
So how are you going to squeeze the Road Runner into the schedule if you have all of this outside stuff going on...? :popcorn:
My stuff goes on the back burner.......I can still drive the old girl like it is....Accumulating parts is a good thing though....... :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
[quote="ACME A12":30o4uxmw]So how are you going to squeeze the Road Runner into the schedule if you have all of this outside stuff going on...? :popcorn:
My stuff goes on the back burner.......I can still drive the old girl like it is....Accumulating parts is a good thing though....... :thumbsup:[/quote:30o4uxmw]

Ah, "The Bambi Plan"... :basketcase:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
[quote="Hoosier BirdAccumulating parts is a good thing though....... :thumbsup:[/quote]

I hope I don't need to accumlat too many parts once I find out what's under all that yellow(wonder how long it will take Frenchy to come back on that.....)

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Hoosier Bird said:
Accumulating parts is a good thing though....... :thumbsup:

I hope I don't need to accumlat too many parts once I find out what's under all that yellow(wonder how long it will take Frenchy to come back on that.....)

Kinda takes all of the fun out of it when you pitch it slow and underhand, right down the middle and then say "I'm pitching it slow and underhand, right down the middle - just for you..." :lol:

Maybe my Buddy Bob will knock it out of the park for you... :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":1pcm2hpj]Accumulating parts is a good thing though....... :thumbsup:

Kinda takes all of the fun out of it when you pitch it slow and underhand, right down the middle and then say "I'm pitching it slow and underhand, right down the middle - just for you..." :lol:

Maybe my Buddy Bob will knock it out of the park for you... :lmao:
:jester:[/quote:1pcm2hpj]
I can't swing at that, that's like T-ball :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

moparchris

Reaction score
I'll take a swing. Coronet Station Wagon Green? Final answer. Oh I guess thats strike three for me. Sucks, I wasn't any good at t-ball anyway. :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
from the pics the PO gave me, the CSW Green is long gone. But there should me red.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
from the pics the PO gave me, the CSW Green is long gone. But there should me red.

Someone was trying to exorcise the demons long before you got it... :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW, Gary - to get somewhat back on topic... :crazy:

This thread is causing me a tad bit of grief back at the hacienda... Mrs. ACME sometimes peers over my shoulders when I access this site in the evenings so naturally she spotted the topic title of this thread. She has wanted a '68 GTX - a drop-top to be specific - for sometime now... So she of course starts in with the "Who got a '68 GTX?", twenty other questions, and several pointed reminders that she wants a '68 GTX... Could be a lot worse things on her "I want list" I guess... :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Sell the little pocket rocket she drives now and go get mama that X. :jester:

x2

My wife seems to be checking inventory regularly and asking "where did this one come from?" so consider yourself lucky that shes into it.

Back