• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Roadrunner restoration

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
PPG alright, but # is 5929 (Electric Blue metallic), shows to be a chrysler color, but I don't think B5? I have another PPG color that I'm going to paint some of the interior with, slightly lighter and is #18496 (bright lapis blue metallic). I'm not going with the original 2 tone blue interior, but changing the carpet, seats dash pad, door panels ect. with Black. I have painted the dash frame with the blue and will post some photos later. Not an A/C car, but living just west of Flagstaff, don't think I'll be needing it! Looking forward to later this year maybe coming down to the valley to see your hemi in a show somewhere! What do you think about the stripe question?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
This wont be much help but I like the flat paint much better but I'm not taking care of it. For ease of upkeep gloss. Let me know when your coming down.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Jerry do the car to make YOU happy. Your time,your $$,build it the way you want it.

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
OK, but you guys have been on the "show" circuit for much longer than I have. I just don't want anyone to look down on my car if a 68 looks wierd with '69 stripes? Most the time I could give a rat's butt about what folks think, but wouldn't want to get my blood pressure up, someday....... The gloves don't really fit that good anymore!:haha: :haha: :horse:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how "correct" your car is, there will always be some "know it all" that will nit pick stuff, weather it's right or not. "I had one just like that but with the 383 Hemi"...
My last car had '70 High Backs in it because they are comfortable than the '69s, my bench seat was shredded, and I got a killer deal on a set of recovered seats. It also had a Pistol Grip and a 440 in it, because that's whaty I like and what I had to work with.
Andf I don't remember the code, but I do remember a '68 blue that was called Electric Blue.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
OK, but you guys have been on the "show" circuit for much longer than I have. I just don't want anyone to look down on my car if a 68 looks wierd with '69 stripes? Most the time I could give a rat's butt about what folks think, but wouldn't want to get my blood pressure up, someday....... The gloves don't really fit that good anymore!:haha: :haha: :horse:

I won't say anything about it :jester:

bobtile

Reaction score

Do whatever you want to do with YOUR car. You aren't going to be selling it at Barrett Jackson, are you? I get sick of the people that pick out "things" about your car that aren't correct. Most of those people don't have cars anyway. That's why I stopped going to car shows and most cruise nights. I go to the track now, and people really appreciate your car there, no matter what it looks like. Its your car , do what you want. Sorry, I think I just got angry for a minute. I'm better now.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
calm down bob...it's jsut an old car......:jester:like we've said, your car, do it your way. just don't expect everyone to like it. I like day two looks. some like bone stock. I don't care for the Donk wheels. But there's enough old cars to make us all happy.

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys! Happy Sunday. Going to spend another day in the shop sanding. Maybe paint the car next weekend.:smug:

bobbyb

Reaction score
I agree with its your car, do it your way. I plan on leaving my fender tag off when I finish my car so some people won't be able to see my changes.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
so...much....blue......:jester:
that's goona look sweet.

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
Going to need some buffing and my bodywork wasn't perfect, but my patience was running low. I quit drinking beer a month ago after 45 years, now I'm about ready to start back.
019.jpg

019.jpg

Back