• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Roadrunner restoration

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
she looks awesome

Going to get some better photos tomorrow, but don't want to paint a car this big for a while. Took me 5 hours without a break.
View attachment 5260

she should look freaken' great outside, I need to do the same thing this next spring or summer, mines just a LL-1 Surf Turquoise Metallic re-spray thou, not a full restoration....

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
:thumbsup::thumbsup:If the paint looks this good inside, it will REALLY pop when the sun hits it! Unless you're doing a concourse restoration, I think you should stripe it the way you like. But I always hated it when I'd get any wax on my flat hood stripes.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
I'll take some today! Yes, coming along slowly, but I did pick up a fairly nice trunk panel insert off ebay and replaced the krinkeld up one that I had on the car. Waiting on a hood latch also I purchased, but mainly trying to get all the wiring figured out. Got about everything figured except the emergency brake wire, can't seem to find the conductor that attaches to the EB switch. Previous owner put a power brake booster on the car, and now the brake light switch is about 1/2 inch from where it should be, may have to fabricate something to move the switch closer to the brake hardware? Also, going to pick up the 440 HP this weekend to see if it's worthwhile.

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
Got the dash back in last weekend (what a pain by myself) and decided to invite a couple of old friends. We found these in the car with a bunch of junk. My wife Lissa washed them and I couldn't help myself but to install the rearview mirror and let these little guys watch the rest of the restoration, lol.

0321141625.jpg0321141625.jpg

:smilet-digitalpoint :smilet-digitalpoint

0321141625.jpg

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
A new question for you gurus. I got to looking and I thought I had a pair of original 383HP exhaust manifolds. I don't. I have one HP manifold and one non HP manifold. I also got a set of headers with the car, but all I know is that they look to be old ceramic coated ones. They don't look very good, so should I look for the matching HP manifold, or go with a new set of headers. Just a reminder, it is a 4 speed car, and if I order headers I don't want any issues with fitment. I just found a way to fund the rest of the restoration, but want to keep cost as low as possible, still need to order a couple grand worth or stuff or more. Let me know what you think! Gonna paint the engine I built last weekend soon, and will update some photos on here within a week or so. Also, have not made up my mind on wheels, but have some original steel wheels with dog dishes, and they are 15 X7. Don't think they will accommodate the larger tires I'd like to get the look, and still up in the air as to go with 500s or Keystone SS type wheels. Don't want Cragar SSs, although they look good on some cars, just like the Keystones better. Ideas on wheels and tire sizes? It is a non-power steering car as well. Back to the headers, I still need to buy a starter too just fyi.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I was against headers for years. But i like them on the car i have now with the day two theme. i read recently where the factory HP manifolds flow just as good as the headers do. So I'd say it's a matter of prefrence.
And what's wrong with Cragar SS???? :toetap::toetap::toetap::jester: Keystones look great too, and they were good enough for Sox & Martin.

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Cragars, but I just like the Keystone look. I need to order wheels and tires, so looking for some input on wheels, 8 inch back, 7 front??? Tire size that fits without rubbing, along with the questions above. C'mon guys I know you have answers and opinions!
:grouphug:

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Cragars, but I just like the Keystone look. I need to order wheels and tires, so looking for some input on wheels, 8 inch back, 7 front??? Tire size that fits without rubbing, along with the questions above. C'mon guys I know you have answers and opinions!
:grouphug:

I've got used Klassics. 15 X 10 & 15 X 7

14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
Can you PM me with a price? Maybe an estimate if you would ship them to 86046? Thanks!

pm sent. They are far from perfect, but they are very decent driver quality. - Most likely manufactured in the later 70s. We had purchased them for our '68 Charger but ran into clearance problems with our aftermarket disc brake setup. So, we purchased new Keystones that are made slightly different and DO (barely) give us enough clearance now.

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
15x8s w/ 2756015s looks great on the rear without rubbing.and Keystones do look good.

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
Got lots done on the RR this weekend. Got the headliner in, seat covers installed, seats installed, radio and speakers in, put the engine on the test stand I built. Next weekend ready to test fire engine!
064.jpg

064.jpg

MsBeep

Reaction score
Wow- what a productive weekend! I too like the paint colour you shot the car with; can hardly wait for you to post more of your restoration:yesnod:

Back