• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 on craigs list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Does the west coast have something new to smoke? :eek: There is no way that car is worth that! And is that an oil pressure gauge in the tach area? I do like the wheels though!!! :thumbsup:

BBillyC

Reaction score
I love the sellers quote "car is in virtually completely rust free condition"....EXCUSE ME. Hit it with a stick...somebody did. Its a road runner morphed into a rust buzzard. Lets see new quarters, new dutchmans panel, new gutters, trunk pan and extensions, inner and outer wheel houses, rockers, cowl, tons of body work, entire new floor, new headliner and sails (bla, bla, bla, and bla,)...and my favorite is the heater core by-pass. The only thing I like is the air-grabber cause I don;t have one. Maybe 5K...mind you I seen a vert here in Manitoba which was in far far worse condition and the seller wanted 65K. Please...too many guys watching BJ thinking they've got the motherload. :blah:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and an Air Grabber with a two spped wiper mtr? I'm not a number cruncher, so I didn't look to see if the numbers are there. It is a sharp car, love the fact it's a Post 4 speed, and love the wheels. But $19,500? I saw alot like this when I was looking after the fire. Usually $16 and up, and needing more work than this one. Mine isn't perfect by any means, but it met my needs. Drivable, complete as possible, a four speed , and within driving distance to get it.And I spent alot less than this one. :cents:

Collin

Reaction score
I may be mistaken...but if it was a real air grabber car wouldnt the fender tag read N96?
Sad to say my car was in a simliar state when I bought it.....trunk, both floors, inner wheel housings, rockers, frame rail, inner fenders.....etc etc etc

Roadcuda

Reaction score
After seing cars like this one, and hearing all the stories of what you guys are finding on your cars, I still feel so lucky to have found the car I did. I paid 22k for it. I've had several guys who know what they are looking at say that they couldn't find any rust on this car. Especially in the areas many of you are having issues. There are some small bubbles starting on the lower front corners of both doors. I'm told by these guys that they think it has all original sheet metal, that there is no sign of anything being cut out or replaced . It has been repainted and the interior replaced at some point, but that is all I know about it's history.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
After seing cars like this one, and hearing all the stories of what you guys are finding on your cars, I still feel so lucky to have found the car I did. I paid 22k for it. I've had several guys who know what they are looking at say that they couldn't find any rust on this car. Especially in the areas many of you are having issues. There are some small bubbles starting on the lower front corners of both doors. I'm told by these guys that they think it has all original sheet metal, that there is no sign of anything being cut out or replaced . It has been repainted and the interior replaced at some point, but that is all I know about it's history.
No doubt you done good :thumbsup: Maybe $21500. because of the color :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Roadcuda said:
No doubt you done good :thumbsup: Maybe $21500. because of the color :lol:
Well, at least for the wrong shade!!!! :yesnod:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Collin said:
I may be mistaken...but if it was a real air grabber car wouldnt the fender tag read N96?
Sad to say my car was in a simliar state when I bought it.....trunk, both floors, inner wheel housings, rockers, frame rail, inner fenders.....etc etc etc
Looks like a Lynch Rd. tag...........they did not mark all options on the tags.........Mine is the same way...grrrrrrrrrrrr

Collin

Reaction score
Really??
My car has the air grabber set up, but is not stamped N96 on the vin tag.....

6T9Hemi

Reaction score
N96 is stamped on the fender tag when air grabber equipped, even the Lynch Road tags. If N96 isn't there, neither was the air grabber when it left the factory.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Collin said:
Looks like a Lynch Rd. tag...........they did not mark all options on the tags.........Mine is the same way...grrrrrrrrrrrr
My is my car Gary!

moparstuart

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Hoosier Bird said:
Collin said:
My is my car Gary!
it was a G code car st louis

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
If I find this to be true, I will have an entire air grabber setup for sale......... :thumbsup:

Keep it...you NEVER know...you might need it for that next Hemi RR barn-find... :yesnod:

:jester:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back