• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Runner needing resto

MoparDan

Reaction score
I didn't see any K members on AMD website. Do they make factory replacements?
I don't know of anyone who is manufacturing OEM replacements. I'm sure if you are patient you will find a good used one. You may be able to repair yours. If you are not sure of your welding skills, it would probably cost around $50.00 if you do the prep work yourself.

69RunnerMike

Reaction score
I don't know of anyone who is manufacturing OEM replacements. I'm sure if you are patient you will find a good used one. You may be able to repair yours. If you are not sure of your welding skills, it would probably cost around $50.00 if you do the prep work yourself.
I see tubular ones, but I wanted to go stock. I'll look around for a used one.

MoparDan

Reaction score

69RunnerMike

Reaction score
Saw this one too.

MoparDan

Reaction score

69RunnerMike

Reaction score
Yup It just depends on how much you want to spend.
Yeah I like the one you found. Drive 7 hours round trip, or have one delivered that's already hot tanked and painted? Have to mull that over. Probably should go the cheaper option. I'll be spending way more before this project is done.

quikbird

Reaction score
That is the strut rod mount and the crack goes up the sides as well. This car will need some major work and best of luck to you to get it done.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Invest in a HB freight sand blaster. Then go at it. Paint gun and find a good paint shop near you. Epoxy coat after you have cleaned the part then paint it black. So much to do and so little time to do it in. Sometimes you wonder if you're ever going to get it done. But don't give up it will all come around and be worth every cent when you're done. Better to have good parts on the car because you will want to give it the gas. LOL.

MoparDan

Reaction score
$200 plus shipping which is probably a deal killer, the weight of the frame plus a pallet.
I would contact Yellow or YRC. They are a less than Truck load shipping company. I shipped a Porsche 3.2L flat six from a terminal here in Virginia to the terminal in LA. for less than $200

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes, we have to take our lump's, but it is not all bad. Once finished and you're driving it we tend to forget about what we had to do to get there. Maybe. Keep pics of what you do and remember the time you spent on restoring the car back to life. It is all a part of the game. Unless you are pretty well off and can afford one total restored. Post pics of the progress. We love Pics.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Yes, we have to take our lump's, but it is not all bad. Once finished and you're driving it we tend to forget about what we had to do to get there. Maybe. Keep pics of what you do and remember the time you spent on restoring the car back to life. It is all a part of the game. Unless you are pretty well off and can afford one total restored. Post pics of the progress. We love Pics.
Exactly.

Back