• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Roadrunner quarter panel badging?

woodwiz

Reaction score
Looks pretty good! You are lucky you still have the existing holes to go of of...i do not! I would only go in behind the backseat as you suggested and locate the holes and see if they were filled and be able to pierce the filler and not ruin the otter finish.Unless for some reason in this cars life it was made into a clone,but the fender tag does not indicate it was a Satelite,which is good to know. Less holes in a 50 year old car the better. Don't know if there is a factory emblem that can be attached with adhesive,HOT here in Arizona,it would probably melt off.
Thanxs for the effort!!

woodwiz

Reaction score
Is that even possible? Looks like when I get the car I will be popping that back seat out and taking a hard look.

1968 man

Reaction score
Some Super Birds were turned in to regular road runners so they would sell. Boy that’s hard to believe but a true story. See no emblems F9A664EC-9979-49FB-A207-F42AFFCE1811.jpeg

1968 man

Reaction score
RM23V and RM23S was also some of the vin#s there’s some other guys on here that may know a lot more than me when it comes to the vin#s maybe they will chime in and let us know.

woodwiz

Reaction score
So from 68-70 a RR could be RM21 and or RM23? Is that RM21 or RM23 designate it has a certain motor or given options?

1968 man

Reaction score
41B0DD9D-81EF-4CA0-B5BA-8E13523A9BD1.jpeg 4BA9DE63-1E4B-4FCA-B9F2-C1BC6E4F7578.jpeg I’m almost sure RM21 is a coupe and RM23 is a hard top. The hard top has roll down 1/4 windows and the coupe would have pop outs.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Yes i must have a coupe cuz mine has pop-outs and for what it's worth a black vinyl top,so perhaps when i look in behind the back seat i will find that some bodywork has been done. This RR was advertised with all original metal,so either bad info or bodywork at some point or a new quarter somewhere along the way.

Photon440

Reaction score
I don't have the holes for the emblem.Did all 70 roadrunners have this emblem at the scoop or could theholes have been filled at some point due to bodywork?? Also is there a version of the emblem that does not need holes drilled in the body?
I haven't looked lately, but when I bought new emblems from the dealer in 1977, they were adhesive backed and had no studs. The adhesive looked like two faced foam tape that was die cut to match the metal outlines. You could see where the molds for the emblems had been modified; they had little flat circles where the studs were originally cast. They stuck on well, it was hard to remove them years later. I think by that time (1977) they were sticking them on rather than using speed nuts, on the Volare road runners, hence the change.

woodwiz

Reaction score
I don’t need the badge on there,but I would like it on there! Just seems that large quarter panel needs something.
Would you know of a source for the adhesive type?
Thanxs in advance!

Back