• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Roadrunner quarter panel badging?

woodwiz

Reaction score
I’m in Arizona. Is it possible to get the adhesive ones from Mopar or should I seek them out through EBay sellers or parts people?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
O Rally has that 3 M tape on the shelf. Orange county chopper put emblem's on their bikes and said you better put it where you want it the first time because your not moving it. This what I am doing with mine except for the hood it came with holes so will use the stud's and speed nut's. Good luck. :beep:

WWheeler

Reaction score
I am so glad this thread came to being. I thought I had drilled holes for the RR emblem on the qtr panel, but didn’t. Before replacing the qtr panel with the OEM style, I had used a patch panel that didn’t work out well. THAT one was drilled!

Following the dimensions here, it looks pretty good. It seems to be very close to the same level as the lower flat in the door opening. That looks to be about the only possible surface that would be good to measure from.

Reaction score
If you don't want to drill holes you can get newer road runner emblems that have 2 sided tape from the factory. I have them for my 70 that I am currently putting new quarters on. I think they were from the Volare years.

20201218_174740.jpg

WWheeler

Reaction score
Thanks. I already have new emblems with studs that I used on the previous panel. Won’t be hard now. I plan on using a countersink used on a mill to create a perfect place for the drill to start. Otherwise the drill bit alone would skip around. :(

Reaction score
I was going to use my old quarters as templates, but when I found these I decided not to drill them. They are OEM and look exactlythe same. Good luck!
Thanks. I already have new emblems with studs that I used on the previous panel. Won’t be hard now. I plan on using a countersink used on a mill to create a perfect place for the drill to start. Otherwise the drill bit alone would skip around. :(

Last edited:

woodwiz

Reaction score
I found (new) Road Runner emblems adhesive backed @ RosevilleMoparparts.com in Michigan and they are beautiful.
Now being in Hot Arizona don't know if i should attach them with the adhesive tape that they already have or get the 3m stuff that once you put them on they are on...Opinions or expierience?

Reaction score
[I would use the 3m they come with,, that is what i intend on doing.. mine are new still in thr Mopar bags..
QUOTE="woodwiz, post: 188513, member: 2635"]I found (new) Road Runner emblems adhesive backed @ RosevilleMoparparts.com in Michigan and they are beautiful.
Now being in Hot Arizona don't know if i should attach them with the adhesive tape that they already have or get the 3m stuff that once you put them on they are on...Opinions or expierience?[/QUOTE]
I found (new) Road Runner emblems adhesive backed @ RosevilleMoparparts.com in Michigan and they are beautiful.
Now being in Hot Arizona don't know if i should attach them with the adhesive tape that they already have or get the 3m stuff that once you put them on they are on...Opinions or expierience?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The 69 emblem's came with post so cut them off and used the 3M tape from O Reilly auto parts. The trim tape is a thick gray color. It gets hot here in central Fl. also.

woodwiz

Reaction score
I shall go with the tape that mopar put on them,measure a lot and clean the area and place them once.

woodwiz

Reaction score
It seems when I look at pics of the emblems they seem to be placed at a position just north of the 1/2 way point of the side scoop. Now my car has a dust trail decal that puts it at just north of 1/2 way. So my plan was to use a laser line level off of t

501D3DEC-6A05-4E9F-930E-B62FC49EE30D.jpeg

A676AD56-DB10-4169-9FF2-E5D5C3963714.jpeg

woodwiz

Reaction score
Sorry about that,internet issues today or me! The other part of my post: Am I trying for the emblems to be level to the car or the ground?

7F6D89B0-39D9-407B-BF98-3D6F591DD407.jpeg

WWheeler

Reaction score
I used the dimensions that '68 man had on page 1. Using his, it looked pretty good. I tried to find a surface level with that same line to double check as my car is on a dolly. The only one I could find was the lower horizontal surface of the door opening. Both side were right on with his dimensions, and so I used that. Standing back, it seems pretty close.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Those holes in your old template are useful for you if you have it in your haznds and can measure it. All I have to go on is like I said earlier is the dust trail decal that I can reference for level. My other issue is the measurement from that trailing edge of the scoop to where to place the runner emblem and then the road emblem right next to. If I didn’t have the dust trail I would be lost.

WWheeler

Reaction score
I believe 68 man has the dimension from the beginning edge of the quarter to the first hole, something like 18-7/8”. I have the emblems off my car and can give you the dimension of the studs in relation to the leading edges of the emblems. That should give you what you need to place them properly.

woodwiz

Reaction score
That would be great! I have the adhesive emblems if that makes a difference. I’m not re-drilling the holes.

WWheeler

Reaction score
No problem. I finally figured out your issue and that is going by the centerline of the holes do you no good since your don’t have the studs. I will get that info today.

Back