• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 road runner resto.

mopar jack

Reaction score
Sorry Russ but can't wait a couple of days. My wife says I have no patience but I tell her I have a lot cause I never use any. Got the wiper knob off with the use of some vice grips, only way my old hands could hold it. Didn't mar it much. For the light switch it took a little research and found some info on the a body site that mentions a button release and sure enough I found it and the knob pulls out easily.

20200521_204830.jpg

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Their you go. Thanks for sharing that info with us. In restoring a car you have to allow some time for things to be fixed. Yes I can relate to not being able to use our hand's like we use too. Good job buddy. :thumbsup2:

mopar jack

Reaction score
got some new bumpers from AMD and they sure look nice and shiny. I tried a test fit of the rear tail lights and both sides just don't look right. I need the take it to the body shop and have it mounted to the car. If the bumper is tweaked I only have so much time to return. I suspect the whole run will be the same. I got the front bumper and noticed it had the jack slots which I did not order. I called AMD and got the classic we were out of the non slots so we shipped you this one hoping you wouldn't notice or care. They have 100 slotted bumpers to move and a new production run is about a year out. Of course they could have asked the customer for approval first but damn the buyer we have to move this stock.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is sad. But with these cars we don't have many choice's. Some thing's are just not being reproduced. Good luck sure it will look grate when done. :thumbsup2:

mopar jack

Reaction score
While I am waiting for the body and paint I am getting the running gear ready for install. This will be my first attempt at sliding every thing under the car and I am not sure if should attach the transmission cross member to the transmission or wait until after every thing is in place.

20200615_103245.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Let me know how it work's out for you. I am going old school put motor in like I took it out. K member in the car. Motor bell housing with clutch and all on the motor. Going to put the transmission on under the car. Then put the four speed shifter on. Like I said that is the way it came apart. Good luck and I mean it. :thumbsup2: :beep:

mopar jack

Reaction score
Well restoration is going slow as the body shop is waiting for a special paint that can't be found in California. The car has been blasted and has now sat for 3 months. Was hoping to get it back before winter so I could assemble it outside where I have more room.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
If I may ask what is the special paint. Is it the color hard to find. Just to say East wood has a lot of choices. I used matrix paint mixed it at the store. I here in Ca. they are only using water base paint now. Is that rite. :( Thanks for the update on the build.

mopar jack

Reaction score
Russ the painter is waiting for a paint that is not sold in California. It's the epoxy primer and he wants it to be compatible with the base coat clear coat system he uses.

Back