• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

906 Heads

moparstuart

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I was starting to get shop envy.......... :lol:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index ... #msg576043

pictures of my shop here

the 70 post car is not mine , but i do own a 70 post vit c orange 4 speed car . It was my brothers who was 7 year older then me and got me into mopars . He passed away and i now own the car . It will get restored oneday air grabber car Manual trans should be fun car only has 36 k on it but the original 383 is long gone. May get a 440 six ?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
Young and a big shop :leave:
well it's the salvage yard i owns shop not just my personally play area :jester:

we do motor and trans install on top of selling the used parts and trying to sell junky used cars LOL
Sounds like a dream job.......old cars all the time..... :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
Young and a big shop :leave:
well it's the salvage yard i owns shop not just my personally play area :jester:

we do motor and trans install on top of selling the used parts and trying to sell junky used cars LOL
Sounds like a dream job.......old cars all the time..... :lol:
I wish we do mostly 95 and newer but it is cars all day long . I sell parts and answer the phone in my sleep and dreams :jester: :drive: It really is a great job and I get to play cars 8-5 M-F have 28 acres here .

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
I sell parts and answer the phone in my sleep and dreams

I was just talking about that... I'm getting sick of working all day and then working ALL NIGHT too!

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
After checking out the cut-aways thoroughly I decided to just gasket match, blend and get rid of a few bumps the old fashioned way. I was afraid I would break through....... :cheers:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
After checking out the cut-aways thoroughly I decided to just gasket match, blend and get rid of a few bumps the old fashioned way. I was afraid I would break through....... :cheers:

Probably a wise decision...you're not building an all-out drag car...so why push it...?

:jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
10 hrs later, scratching himself and applying medicated cream to his sand flea bites your hero sits in front of the computer wondering how to exterminate the package sender. When all of the sudden he hacks up a chunck of cast iron from his lungs because of all the sanding and grinding for 10 hrs on the heads with no lung protection. At that very moment the sand fleas don't seem too bad any more............ :lmao: Any of you guys know what chiggers are?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
If I would have gasket matched the exhaust the wall would be paper thin.....so I just brought them out a little and cleaned everything up. :thumbsup:Thanks

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Did you use header or manifold gaskets to match with? I have seen manifold gaskets that are huge because the manifold casting is also big, a header can't even fill the gaps!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
They were manifold gaskets but they match my headers perfect..... :huh:
You got the important side looking real good, dont push it like you said :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Any of you guys know what chiggers are?

Unfortunately, YES!

Readers Digest version: I went swimming in my Uncle's pond in Mississippi. That won't happen again...

:jester:

Back