• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-833 4-speed........

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
when yo uget that bird all together, the whole picture story should be saved in the reference section!

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
And yet another BFH, Torch and Channel Lock problem........ :brickwall: Head of bolts stripped so there is no way to get them out with a wrench.........So, I drilled the head off, pulled the bracket off and then the screws came right out..........

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
And yet another BFH, Torch and Channel Lock problem........ :brickwall: Head of bolts stripped so there is no way to get them out with a wrench.........So, I drilled the head off, pulled the bracket off and then the screws came right out..........

Based on my observations when I had the tranny out of Bambi to replace the flywheel, I will be forced to follow a similar approach...

Tranny looks good, Gary!

:jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":137bo4gx]And yet another BFH, Torch and Channel Lock problem........ :brickwall: Head of bolts stripped so there is no way to get them out with a wrench.........So, I drilled the head off, pulled the bracket off and then the screws came right out..........

Based on my observations when I had the tranny out of Bambi to replace the flywheel, I will be forced to follow a similar approach...

Tranny looks good, Gary!

:jester:[/quote:137bo4gx]
Thanks, believe it or not I spent about 6 hours on it not counting the bearing retainer......

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I like the unpainted bolts, like on Bob's. I think he put a new zink coating on them. Just makes it look more detailed........... :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:

been there done that....... :brickwall: friggin morons......
looks great Gary :thumbsup:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Here's what I did to fix it. Trust me, just take it and have it done. It took for ever to get everything lined up, turned and ground........... :brickwall:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Gary that does look good, are you saying you didn't have everything to chuck it up in the lathe :toetap:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Ok, i have 1 more tool to add to the list..........can anyone tell me what that would be....... :brickwall:[/quot

brother you did some magic on that wheel :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Even though you don't have the right tool for that job, which looks great, it must be nice to have most of the tools to do what you've done so far. That's got to be saving some money by not having to send these parts out for the work.

Back