• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

aluminum radiator

Big Mo

Reaction score
Don't run the clutch they have been known to fail. Go straight to the water pump with a spacer. No more clutch problem's. :steering:
If I am reading this correctly if you don't have a clutch the spacer is used. I have a spacer but cannot find what bolts go there. I really don't like plain bolts. Big Mo.

mr4speed

Reaction score
don't really need aluminum rad for street unless your engine is highly modified a good big block 26" with fan shroud and declutch fan will work fine never had a problem the whole time, still have the same rad today! just a thought. stay safe.............

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Know a few guys runninig aluminium radiators, most of them with no issues at all. That being said, most of those are big money cars, so I'm sure they also spent big money on the cooling systems too. Mostly just a diskswinging contest if you ask me.
Then I have some mates with more realistic, "budget" builds, and theyve taken the later model/electric fan route, also to great effect. I think you should be able to find a good quality aluminium radiator that wont give you issues, but like a few of the other guys have pointed out, you pay peanuts - you get monkeys.

Back