• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And so it Begins....(Updated pg.36)

dobie

Reaction score
Re: And so it Begins....

lol. You're safe in Stark county. Wayne county, lol, I'll just smile and wave.

Things are slow for sure. But, I know the finished product isnt anything worthwhile without prep work. So I'm told, this part is the time consuming stuff. Once the rust issues have been dealt with, things will progress quicker. We'll see....

Right now, the plan was a new complete trunk floor, new quarters, and a new deck lid. The fenders are good as far as we currently know. I'll probably replace the back glass while its out, and I'm sure there will be a bunch more.

Oh, and I replaced the master cylinder today. Now she'll sit for awhile. At least I have my bike running this year!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

dobie said:

quote]

the midnight fog strikes again..... :facepalm:
and as far as the smile and wave.......just might hafta take you up on that...... :drive:
and aren't those master cyl nuts FUN to get off....unless you have power brakes.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I don't think the deck lids are available from AMD yet - last I heard they were still about a year away...so does that mean a new-to-the-car used deck lid?

What's wrong with the back glass?

Any chance for a color "upgrade" when you squirt it...???? :lol:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

ACME A12 said:

:toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:

It always brings me such pleasure when one of my little F8 Bombs so squarely hits its intended target... :lmao:

:banana: :jester: :banana:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:
[quote="ACME A12":1t6b6emk]

It always brings me such pleasure when one of my little F8 Bombs so squarely hits its intended target... :lmao:

:banana: :jester: :banana:[/quote:1t6b6emk]
Looks like a direct hit :lol:

dobie

Reaction score

Basketcase said:
dobie said:

quote]

the midnight fog strikes again..... :facepalm:
and as far as the smile and wave.......just might hafta take you up on that...... :drive:
and aren't those master cyl nuts FUN to get off....unless you have power brakes.

What a pain in the ass. If this one leaks, then screw it. I'll live with it.... lol

dobie

Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
I don't think the deck lids are available from AMD yet - last I heard they were still about a year away...so does that mean a new-to-the-car used deck lid?

About 3 years ago I had bought a trunk lid from a guy who has more things than you could imagine. Just picture this......you walk into a basement to look at a trunk lid, and you see a ROW of complete 426 Hemi's lining the walls. I'm not kidding here. This guys has 12 or 13 complete Hemi's IIRC. :eek: This doesn't include the bare blocks and parts, either. Oh, and sheet metal, well, you could build a few cars from his stock. The trunk lid I got from him is in great shape. It came off of a '68 Hemi RR, so I guess someday I can say my car has a Hemi something. :D

The back window has to be pulled to fix the rust issues. Mine has some fairly heavy scratches in it. I'd say that once the glass is pulled, now would be the time to replace it. We'll see though.

It's funny you mention the color change thing...... Time will tell......... :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

dobie said:
ACME A12 said:

About 3 years ago I had bought a trunk lid from a guy who has more things than you could imagine. Just picture this......you walk into a basement to look at a trunk lid, and you see a ROW of complete 426 Hemi's lining the walls. I'm not kidding here. This guys has 12 or 13 complete Hemi's IIRC. :eek: This doesn't include the bare blocks and parts, either. Oh, and sheet metal, well, you could build a few cars from his stock. The trunk lid I got from him is in great shape. It came off of a '68 Hemi RR, so I guess someday I can say my car has a Hemi something. :D

The back window has to be pulled to fix the rust issues. Mine has some fairly heavy scratches in it. I'd say that once the glass is pulled, now would be the time to replace it. We'll see though.

It's funny you mention the color change thing...... Time will tell......... :thumbsup:
Blue would go with my eyes :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

dobie said:
[

:eek: :eek: :eek: say it ain;t so!! (whatever makes you happy Bud).
funny thing about rounding up parts. I got a hood from a guy near Carlisle for Freebird (F8), a trunklid at The Nats (F8) and I picked up a spare driver's fender (F8). but that car was goning to be the original T7. Love to pick up a nice trunklid for the same price I got the last one ($70). you might check with a glass place, can;t they polish some scratches out? even if they can';t hand onto the scratched one for a spare.
and the first time I chaged a B Body master cyl, I only got three nuts back on. The easiest one I ever did was in Freebird because the dash was out.

dobie

Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
dobie said:
ACME A12 said:

Blue would go with my eyes :lmao:

:D Well, my right quarter panel was originally blue as you can tell, if that counts.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
[

:banana: :jester: :banana:

speaking of dropping bombs...time to reorder more Agent Green......

dobie

Reaction score

Basketcase said:
dobie said:
[

:eek: :eek: :eek: say it ain;t so!! (whatever makes you happy Bud).
funny thing about rounding up parts. I got a hood from a guy near Carlisle for Freebird (F8), a trunklid at The Nats (F8) and I picked up a spare driver's fender (F8). but that car was goning to be the original T7. Love to pick up a nice trunklid for the same price I got the last one ($70). you might check with a glass place, can;t they polish some scratches out? even if they can';t hand onto the scratched one for a spare.
and the first time I chaged a B Body master cyl, I only got three nuts back on. The easiest one I ever did was in Freebird because the dash was out.

My first choice is to polish the glass. I'll look into it, but there's a bunch of deep ones in it. We'll see once it comes out. There's some tiny shards of glass we found underneath the window on the floor boards, so the window itself be even be cracked or chipped for all we know.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

dobie said:
[

About 3 years ago I had bought a trunk lid from a guy who has more things than you could imagine. Just picture this......you walk into a basement to look at a trunk lid, and you see a ROW of complete 426 Hemi's lining the walls. I'm not kidding here. This guys has 12 or 13 complete Hemi's IIRC. :eek: This doesn't include the bare blocks and parts, either. Oh, and sheet metal, well, you could build a few cars from his stock. The trunk lid I got from him is in great shape. It came off of a '68 Hemi RR, so I guess someday I can say my car has a Hemi something. :D blue as you can tell, if that counts.

that guy near Warren? A buddy of mine was at a guys place in warren that had barns full of cars, buried in NOS and used parts.

dobie

Reaction score

No, this guy is a local Wayne County guy. Only had 2 cars though, a Buick or Olds that he races, and an older early '60's white Dart IIRC.

I have a few more pics I'll have to post. Nothing much, just where we're at now.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

the back glass in Freebird looked like someone had run a sander over it. I found a back glass that came out of a runner that was wrecked in the early '70s. looked brand new. course it was in the rafters over the car in the old garage......
and if nothing else you need to pull the glass just to change the trim clips.

dobie

Reaction score

My car doesn't even have the trim clips........... The molding is held in place by caulk or something!

:eek:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

taht must be standard issue for our area. when I got my '68 Charger, there was so much caulk,tar,whatever holding the rear mouldings on, it was easier just to pull the mouldings off(which were destroyed in the process)and just run over to the junkyard for another set. This car doesn't have most of the rear clips, so the trim is in the garge waiting......

dobie

Reaction score

These were taken early last week; just now getting them uploaded.

Patch panels for the wheel houses:
1-2.jpg
2-2.jpg

Paint on a few things finally! :jester:

4-2.jpg

dobie

Reaction score

And just for the heck of it, my uncle's 'Bird and Harley.

5-1.jpg

No more work (or pics) until mid-August or so when work will resume (I hope!)

:cheers:

Back