• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another new guy!

LOTW

Reaction score
Hi Roadcuda, I bought the car local up here in Canada, you may be confused with another RR.
Was there supposed to be a separate fade button somewhere on the dash for the radio rear speaker? Another odd thing is that the bench seat does not have headrests, I am assuming they are the original as they are trashed!
Thanks guys, great site!

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Early build cars didn't get them unless you paid for the option.

I would leave it orange. If your son is a teen, he will catch hell from the kids that don't have a clue that the RR on the door is legit, let alone why it would be painted back to sandpebble from orange.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
LOTW said:
Hi Roadcuda, I bought the car local up here in Canada, you may be confused with another RR.
Was there supposed to be a separate fade button somewhere on the dash for the radio rear speaker? Another odd thing is that the bench seat does not have headrests, I am assuming they are the original as they are trashed!
Thanks guys, great site!
To be clear on what I was talking about I should have clicked on the comment droptop had about the color of Ralph Barbagalo's '69 RR convert. As for the head rests Somecarguy is correct. You might want to find out when your car was built. The head rests weren't mandatory until after, IIRC, Jan. !st of '69.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
LOTW said:
Thanks guys, great site!
To be clear on what I was talking about I should have clicked on the comment droptop had about the color of Ralph Barbagalo's '69 RR convert. As for the head rests Somecarguy is correct. You might want to find out when your car was built. The head rests weren't mandatory until after, IIRC, Jan. !st of '69.
He has an early car August 23rd

LOTW

Reaction score
The car was painted orange aprox. 20 years ago, although the enamel paint looks decent in the pictures or from a distance it is actually worn thin and the flaws in the body work are visible, not bad but not great. It is okay for now, but clashes with the tan guts. Since the interior needs to be redone we were considering going black inside, but if the Sand Pebble is that unique and possibly more rare with the 1T vinyl top perhaps I should just redo the interior in the tan and paint the car back to original. Any idea how many cars were produced in this color combination?
For now my son would like to add the black treatment to the hood and 15" black steel rims possibly on redlines to break up the orange a bit, add a pertronix and tune it up. He would also like to find an air grabber hood, replace the clock with one of those little tachs, then get on the interior once we decide on the color. It needs seat skins, carpet, headliner, the door panels were cut for spkrs and the dash pad was molested for a tach, the steering wheel is also wrong. He is also considering that since the seats need to be redone, going with original buckets and a console. Not sure if changing the bench to buckets is frowned on or not but it would look sportier with a console as originally we were after a 4-speed car. Please do not hesitate to make suggestions as we would value any advice.
Thanks,

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
LOTW said:
Please do not hesitate to make suggestions as we would value any advice.

A) It's your car; do what you want.

B) If you're looking to protect/enhance the car's value the closer you stick to what is on that broadcast sheet the better. Just a rule of thumb...

ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I think the beige would be very rare and cool looking with the top but I don't think they kept any #s on color. As far as a console, take it from someone that has one they look nice but they take away room at to gas pedal your foot rubs it and its makes for a small hole between the brake pedal and console. But they do look cool with buckets here is mine. I just remembered yours is an automatic so I don't know is there is any difference in distance in pedals

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
LOTW said:
Thanks guys, great site!
The fade knob is down and to the right of the ignition switch

Jim S.

Reaction score
Hello from Minnesota. Nice car and project. This is helping me
out also, I always wondered where exactly that fade knob should be. :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome to te site! beautiful car.
it's your car,your $$, do it your way. the auto console wouldn't have the bump for the four speed hump. so there would be more room by the pedal for the console.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
welcome to te site! beautiful car.
it's your car,your $$, do it your way. the auto console wouldn't have the bump for the four speed hump. so there would be more room by the pedal for the console.
That's a good point Dave :thumbsup:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
there is another road runner like mine with out the bullit style fender turn signals.
and nice car

Back