• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any guesstimate on how many '69 Runners are left?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Ahh... For a proper snowball fight, snow-forts are a prerequisite and we northerners are already experienced in the art of snow-fort building.

I bet I could have one up and ready to go in the time it takes you to find your mittens!

Then there's the proven weak points of the human body that seasoned snowball fighters know about...

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Big John said:
Ahh... For a proper snowball fight, snow-forts are a prerequisite and we northerners are already experienced in the art of snow-fort building.

I bet I could have one up and ready to go in the time it takes you to find your mittens!

Then there's the proven weak points of the human body that seasoned snowball fighters know about...
OK Big, here's what we do. I have a CDL so let's rent a tracter trailer, refer of course, and fill it with some of that extra snow you have over there. We'll take enough to build the fort, and make ammu.... ah, snowballs, and we'll head south. :jester: :jester:

Big John

Reaction score
69bbeep said:
You Yanks better watch out for the Yellow Snow Balls!

You haven't seen what these guys leave in the snow in my yard....

10508054.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
My, oh my. :lol: Here's another thread that's gone astray!

Yes, and don't you love it???!!! :lol:

Best of all, nobody's getting their panties bunched and trying to get the thread "back on track". It'll happen, when it happens, if it happens, all on its own...

:jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:

Do not forget that I spent several years of my childhood in Fairbanks, Alaska... I have built snow-forts in the front yard that would require building permits in NY...

:banana: :jester: :banana:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Remember, I just got back from Gettysburg. It will bring tears to your eyes to see what happened to so many good people, yankee or confederate........Not only that but I need some help from all you guys before I can get this car done. And I'm still looking forward to spending the winter next year with Acme..........So, what was the count on how many roadrunners are left? :lol: :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Remember, I just got back from Gettysburg. It will bring tears to your eyes to see what happened to so many good people, yankee or confederate........Not only that but I need some help from all you guys before I can get this car done. And I'm still looking forward to spending the winter next year with Acme..........So, what was the count on how many roadrunners are left? :lol: :thumbsup:
Ive got one :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If you can hold off the snow people until spring the supply line melts then you can get em with dirt clods and garbage can lids as shields :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:

Well, then, mine makes two... Are we counting all of them, or just the B5 cars... :lmao:

Good point on Gettysburg, Hoosier. I think it's pretty hard for all of us to fully imagine all of the circmstances that led to that epic battle when thinking about it in today's terms. So much has changed since that time. And worry not; Chateau ACME is still holding your reservation...

:jester:

Big John

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":1wre72k9]Remember, I just got back from Gettysburg. It will bring tears to your eyes to see what happened to so many good people, yankee or confederate........Not only that but I need some help from all you guys before I can get this car done. And I'm still looking forward to spending the winter next year with Acme..........So, what was the count on how many roadrunners are left? :lol: :thumbsup:

Well, then, mine makes two... Are we counting all of them, or just the B5 cars... :lmao:

Good point on Gettysburg, Hoosier. I think it's pretty hard for all of us to fully imagine all of the circmstances that led to that epic battle when thinking about it in today's terms. So much has changed since that time. And worry not; Chateau ACME is still holding your reservation...

:jester:[/quote:1wre72k9]

I've been to Gettysburg a few times and its sobering to look out at a field and read just how many Americans (north and south) died there. Speaking of the civil war.. did you guys know tomorrow is Lincoln's 200th birthday?

I scrapped a B5 Roadrunner years ago... I think back about it and realize that it would be considered a great car to restore today, but then it was not worth more then scrap.

Big John

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":2kcgf3cl]Ahh... For a proper snowball fight, snow-forts are a prerequisite and we northerners are already experienced in the art of snow-fort building.

Do not forget that I spent several years of my childhood in Fairbanks, Alaska... I have built snow-forts in the front yard that would require building permits in NY...

:banana: :jester: :banana:[/quote:2kcgf3cl]

I'll give you that the winters are harder up there... My experience in Alaska was getting off the cruise ship for a few hours. That was in July and it was still not exactly warm. But!!! Believe it or not, Syracuse gets almost twice as much snow as Fairbanks!

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
FYI, 52,000 dead in 2 1/2 days in an area of about 600 acres.........very sobering to stand on little round top and look out across the fields. :eek:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
I'll give you that the winters are harder up there... My experience in Alaska was getting off the cruise ship for a few hours. That was in July and it was still not exactly warm. But!!! Believe it or not, Syracuse gets almost twice as much snow as Fairbanks!

Good God Man, then you must have had twelve feet piled up in the early seventies because I can recall the first floor of every house in the neighborhood being submerged in snow... Yikes! The sidewalks were more like 6' tall tunnels without ceilings than walkways...

:yesnod:

Big John

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":152cwzd1]I'll give you that the winters are harder up there... My experience in Alaska was getting off the cruise ship for a few hours. That was in July and it was still not exactly warm. But!!! Believe it or not, Syracuse gets almost twice as much snow as Fairbanks!

Good God Man, then you must have had twelve feet piled up in the early seventies because I can recall the first floor of every house in the neighborhood being submerged in snow... Yikes! The sidewalks were more like 6' tall tunnels without ceilings than walkways...

:yesnod:[/quote:152cwzd1]

I was going by average annual snowfall. 65 inches for Fairbanks v. 121 inches for Syracuse. :jester:

Our snow comes and goes through the winter. We get a bunch of it and then it melts and packs down a bit and we get some more. Fortuantly we usually have a January thaw where the snow goes away. Its good because it cuts down the flooding in the spring. I would think that Alaska doesn't get any above freezing weather and the short days never give it a chance to melt off.

I had about 2 feet in my front yard last week and its almost gone now. We had some 40* weather and a lot of wind this past week and that really cut the snow down.

Big John

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
FYI, 52,000 dead in 2 1/2 days in an area of about 600 acres.........very sobering to stand on little round top and look out across the fields. :eek:

I'm home catching up paperwork today and I had the History channel on the TV while I work. They had a lot of stuff on about the battle at Gettysburg and some of the other Civil War battles. Incredible.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":3gx1lkpp]FYI, 52,000 dead in 2 1/2 days in an area of about 600 acres.........very sobering to stand on little round top and look out across the fields. :eek:

I'm home catching up paperwork today and I had the History channel on the TV while I work. They had a lot of stuff on about the battle at Gettysburg and some of the other Civil War battles. Incredible.[/quote:3gx1lkpp]
As I write this the History Channel still has some civil war shows on. And Hoosier, I know exactly what you mean. I spent the day before Carlisle there last year. You can watch all the programs on tv you want, but it really does give you new perspective when you stand on those grounds yourself. Looking down from Little Round Top, or standing behind the stone wall that was breatched by the confederates before being pushed back. Knowing what happened really makes you think a bit differently about things.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well it was in the mid '60s today, so all my snow is gone. looks like I better buy some off that street vender! :lmao:
I'm more up on WWll history, but with all the people that died in that war, it boggels my mind that more died in The Civil War. I watched a History Channel show on Antetiam today, and over 25,000 from both sides died in one day. Then they started adding up the wounded that died months later from infection.
Back on track about how many birds left......I've got one!!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
And Hoosier, I know exactly what you mean. I spent the day before Carlisle there last year. You can watch all the programs on tv you want, but it really does give you new perspective when you stand on those grounds yourself. - Knowing what happened really makes you think a bit differently about things.

Same exact thing when you visit the USS Arizona. Very somber & humbling experience...

Ray

69bbeep

Reaction score
Back in 1998 we took spring break and flew into Baltimore, Md. rented a van and traveled hall week visiting Civil War battlefields throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Gettysburg! My son was 13 at the time and loved anything dealing with the Civil war. It really does put a different perspective when you stand on those Hallowed grounds and visualize the battles and what those brave men went through. Today, my son's profession is what else, but a History Teacher... I can't help but believe that trip may have meant more to him than me?

oh, and BACK TO THE THREAD.. Count me as being fortunate and lucky to have one.

Back