• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brakes

mcmopar

Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
I used to be a parts guy years ago and I'm pretty sure 1970 is the first year of automatic adjusters and can be retro fitted on a 69 car if desired. they work so when you are in reverse and hit they brake they move out one click, manual adjusters are fine, they make a wedgie thing that you can insert thru the backing plate and move they adjuster one side is up one side is down (i think) I used to know but I do have the info. written down in a mini notebook I keep in the GTX.

My runner ('69) has auto adjusters on the rear brakes - and they are a pain when trying to rebuild them.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'll get my parts boxes out today and check against the list thats posted. I do know you had better not looses the heavy spring at the bottom that keeps the star from turning on its own I reused mine.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I'll get my parts boxes out today and check against the list thats posted. I do know you had better not looses the heavy spring at the bottom that keeps the star from turning on its own I reused mine.
That would be the spring that Big John was talking about........... :toetap:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Adding to Macs list.all NAPA other than the rear seal. rear nail kit 80708, rear seal federal mogul 481837 dana 60,--front spring kit 2208, hose 36611, seal 17110 and bearings br2 & br6

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Oh, I see a scratch on your backing plate............ :lmao: No rusty parts though........... :lol: :pot:
I copied the factory scratch :crazy:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
I used to be a parts guy years ago and I'm pretty sure 1970 is the first year of automatic adjusters and can be retro fitted on a 69 car if desired. they work so when you are in reverse and hit they brake they move out one click, manual adjusters are fine, they make a wedgie thing that you can insert thru the backing plate and move they adjuster one side is up one side is down (i think) I used to know but I do have the info. written down in a mini notebook I keep in the GTX.
It this the wedgie thing you're talking about? :jester:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Techinically, I think the ones for road runners are the listed in the Acme catalog as "Brakentum Adjustiourous Toolis"

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
Techinically, I think the ones for road runners are the listed in the Acme catalog as "Brakentum Adjustiourous Toolis"
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
I looked in my Acme catalog and I didn't see it anywhere. Maybe it's in the in supplement that I haven't received yet! :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
3BIRDS1X said:
I looked in my Acme catalog and I didn't see it anywhere. Maybe it's in the in supplement that I haven't received yet! :jester:

It's in the "Blue Pages"... :lol:

:jester:

Jim S.

Reaction score
Big John said:
3BIRDS1X said:
Yeah it is, don't know the techincal name for it but they do work.

Its called (ready for this) a "brake adjusting tool". :lmao:

http://www.kd-tools.com/287.htm
Yes, and that is exactly what I used along with a rag, to finally get my stubborn wiper arms off. So I guess you could call it a "universal" adjusting tool.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
3BIRDS1X said:

It's in the "Blue Pages"... :lol:

:jester:
That's the problem, I don't have any blue pages! :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Back