• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

broke in new cam today

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
John, doe's that book you referenced further break down something like hemi cars with or w/o power steering? I know they made 234 4spd 2dr hardtop Hemi cars for the USA :popcorn:

mcmopar

Reaction score
A green car can't be rare...........everybody has one of those old things............
:blah: :blah: :blah: :D

Sorry Bob - that info was from a build sheet breakdown one of the previous owners had done by Galen.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
A green car can't be rare...........everybody has one of those old things............ :acme: :lmao:
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :jester: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
"Rare" is relative. First, we all look at the production numbers of a certain model. Let's take a 1968 Hemi Road Runner for example. Is it more rare than a 1968 Belvedere slant 6 wagon? Hell yeah we would say....

BUT, what about surviving examples? I am positive there are more 68 Hemi RR's than 68 slant 6 wagons in existence today.
One could make the argument that in 2010, a 1968 slant 6 Belvedere wagon is more rare than a 68 Hemi car....

mcmopar

Reaction score
Right - that's where the desireability factor comes into play. Desireability is what makes a car valuable to collectors when there are lots of models originally produced. When rarity combines with desireability then the value goes through the roof.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Well, my car is rare........it's the only one I've seen with limited edition stickers on the door panels.......... :yesnod: :lol:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Well, it's not as rare as that road runner R/T we saw on the ebag awhile back! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Well, it's not as rare as that road runner R/T we saw on the ebag awhile back! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

There's one that needed to be back-halved... :devil:

:jester:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Right - that's where the desireability factor comes into play. Desireability is what makes a car valuable to collectors when there are lots of models originally produced. When rarity combines with desireability then the value goes through the roof.

Exactly.

moparstuart

Reaction score
mac said:
Bob at 248-477-776 or

mr6pk@hotmail.com

the cam cost me $225 but i have been hanging on to it for about 3 years now. it is just the cam no lifters. it is made by engle cams, but don't call them to try and order, this is a mr sixpack design and he holds the rights to it. here is a copy of the install instructions that came with my cam. it spells out that for my gear ratio it should be 115 and i nailed it the first try. :banana:
scan0001-3.jpg

bob (Mr six pac) has moved since that letter here is his updated current info .
Bob Karakashian
24269 Novi Rd.
Novi, MI 48375 248-477-7776

CompSyn

Reaction score
I bought Bob’s cam a couple years ago after talking with him on the phone. At that time the cam was $235.00 to my door with no lifters. It is more expensive than an off the shelf aftermarket camshaft, but you have to figure, you’re also buying 40-plus years of real world Mopar specific drag race experience.

Let’s consider Bob’s overall build:

* 440 bored .060 over (453ci.)

* Mr. SixPack Camshaft

* Six Pack induction (975cfm actual)

* HP exhaust manifolds

* Factory dual point distributor

* Stock 906 heads with stock valve sizes (no porting allowed).

* Milled heads - deck height of .027 gives him exactly 11:1 compression.

* Carter mechanical pump (M6903)

* Stock 12" Torque converter

* Duel exhaust with H-pipe and Dynomax Ultra Flo mufflers

* Reproduction bias-ply red line tires on stock 15-inch wheels.

It may be better now, but I read that Bob’s best E.T. to date was 12.09 seconds in the quarter @ 114 mph. I also read a report that an A12 Road Runner with a Bob built engine ran 11.76 seconds @ 116.45 mph.

I have to chuckle to myself when I see cars modified with big aftermarket cams, high stall torque converters, and drag slicks not running any quicker than Bob’s tuned stock A12 cars. Bob told me on the phone that you can throw a big cam in to an engine and turn big numbers on a dyno, but will that engine get your car down the track?

By the way, I didn’t find Bob to be arrogant or pushy by no means. Rather he was pleasant to talk to on the phone. When I talked to him I called one of his phone numbers to find it was his place of business (dry cleaning if I recall). Anyway, Bob dropped what he was doing and talked Mopars with me for probably a good twenty minutes. Good guy! You can’t go wrong by Bob.

One note on the lifters. I know that Bob’s cam sheet recommends the Mopar P4006767 lifters but when I talked to Bob, he recommended Comp Cams anti-pump-up Magnum Lifters as a good choice even though he cannot run them in his PSMCDR race class. It’s also important to note that there are only couple major manufacturers in the US producing lifters today, Stanadyne and Johnson. All the cam companies simply outsource the lifters and repackage them.

I cut out the middle man and found a distributor that sold me the Johnson Hy-lift brand anti-pump-up lifters; the same as Comp Cams Magnum versions for much less money. If you want more info on these lifters, click on this moparts.com post

droptop

Reaction score
mcmopar said:

I couldn't agree with you more. My '80 Road Runner is one of 496 that year. Is it rare? Hell yeah. Is is desirable? To some people..... :lmao:

droptop

Reaction score
CompSyn said:
I bought Bob’s cam a couple years ago after talking with him on the phone. At that time the cam was $235.00 to my door with no lifters. It is more expensive than an off the shelf aftermarket camshaft, but you have to figure, you’re also buying 40-plus years of real world Mopar specific drag race experience.

* Mr. SixPack Camshaft

* HP exhaust manifolds

It may be better now, but I read that Bob’s best E.T. to date was 12.09 seconds in the quarter @ 114 mph. I also read a report that an A12 Road Runner with a Bob built engine ran 11.76 seconds @ 116.45 mph.

I have to chuckle to myself when I see cars modified with big aftermarket cams, high stall torque converters, and drag slicks not running any quicker than Bob’s tuned stock A12 cars. Bob told me on the phone that you can throw a big cam in to an engine and turn big numbers on a dyno, but will that engine get your car down the track?

By the way, I didn’t find Bob to be arrogant or pushy by no means. Rather he was pleasant to talk to on the phone. When I talked to him I called one of his phone numbers to find it was his place of business (dry cleaning if I recall). Anyway, Bob dropped what he was doing and talked Mopars with me for probably a good twenty minutes. Good guy! You can’t go wrong by Bob.

One note on the lifters. I know that Bob’s cam sheet recommends the Mopar P4006767 lifters but when I talked to Bob, he recommended Comp Cams anti-pump-up Magnum Lifters as a good choice even though he cannot run them in his PSMCDR race class. It’s also important to note that there are only couple major manufacturers in the US producing lifters today, Stanadyne and Johnson. All the cam companies simply outsource the lifters and repackage them.

I cut out the middle man and found a distributor that sold me the Johnson Hy-lift brand anti-pump-up lifters; the same as Comp Cams Magnum versions for much less money. If you want more info on these lifters, click on this moparts.com post

Welcome from Southern Indiana. Why don't you go to the introduction page and tell us about yourself and your cars? By reading your one and only post, you sound very knowedgable about out Mopars.

moparstuart

Reaction score
droptop said:
CompSyn said:

* Mr. SixPack Camshaft

* HP exhaust manifolds

Welcome from Southern Indiana. Why don't you go to the introduction page and tell us about yourself and your cars? By reading your one and only post, you sound very knowedgable about out Mopars.
welcome

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
CompSyn said:

Correct on all accounts. Bob K. couldn't be any nicer if he tried. BTW he followed his father's footsteps into the dry cleaning business despite the fact that his father begged him not to do so... :D

Back