• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlise 2011

dobie

Reaction score
I doubt I'll be there this year. Just cant do it financially. The track, Quarter Aces, is about 10-15 miles away from the fairgrounds. I typically take some sort of weird, back ass country roads to get there. I was there last year, and I said I wouldnt go back. They charge $20 now IIRC, and it just wasnt worth it to me.

:cheers:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I'll be there Thursday evening for the cruise-in if they have it, and if I can find out where it is, and then at the show for Friday and Saturday. I hope to be on the road home by 4. Don't know about the track but I'd be willing to go.

droptop

Reaction score
We will be there from Thur evening thru Sunday afternoon. We went to that drag strip once...said we would not waste our time again.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
as a matter of fact i just registered my roadrunner for the show......147.....68-70 modified :jester:
arrive thursday leave late afternoon saturday

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm in Thursday morning and out Sunday morning. Like stated previously - hard to get excited about that track...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I didn't realize it was only an 1/8, oh well more time at the show. I land at 5:17pm Thursday and leave Monday :cheers:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I'll be headed to Beaver Springs Dragway to check out the Nostalgia Drag Nationals that Sunday. I'ts about an hour and a half drive from Carlisle........ :banana:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I'll be headed to Beaver Springs Dragway to check out the Nostalgia Drag Nationals that Sunday. I'ts about an hour and a half drive from Carlisle........ :banana:

I'm pretty sure that this is a repost from last summer... :lol:

droptop

Reaction score
I didn't want to post anything about this until I was for sure it was going to happen. My '71 was selected and is going to be on display in building T for the weekend. I submitted it back in Dec. and they must have liked the "DAY 2" look. I never heard anything from Carlisle about the display. So, as most of you know I promised my good friend Walt that I would take him and his A12 car this year. I was not about to go back on my word to him, so I bought a 2 car hauler and I am going to bring both.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
droptop said:
I didn't want to post anything about this until I was for sure it was going to happen. My '71 was selected and is going to be on display in building T for the weekend. I submitted it back in Dec. and they must have liked the "DAY 2" look. I never heard anything from Carlisle about the display. So, as most of you know I promised my good friend Walt that I would take him and his A12 car this year. I was not about to go back on my word to him, so I bought a 2 car hauler and I am going to bring both.
:party: :party: :party:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
droptop said:
:party: :party: :party:
:party: :party: :party: :party: :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Way to go Harold! :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing both cars there. Throw a pic of the trailer up when you get a chance; love to see that puppy. How long is it? Enclosed? Fifth wheel? Inquiring minds want to know...

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That's good to hear Harold. Lookin' forward to seeing you and your great lookin' '71! It's only 4 weeks away!! :party:

Back