• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carry piece

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
QUOTE=69hemibeep;119835]No. I might like it and I don't need another :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ok I checked them out and they are smaller got to give them credit. But I still don't need another :single_eye:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
We pulled the trigger (LOL!) and ordered another LCP.

It just made sense... I like mine, she likes it and it really does everything right. Got a decent price $298.

dobie

Reaction score
We pulled the trigger (LOL!) and ordered another LCP.

It just made sense... I like mine, she likes it and it really does everything right. Got a decent price $298.

Congrats! Definitely a good idea to stick with what you know, especially in a defensive firearm.

Big John

Reaction score
Picked it up today... This one is gonna be Mrs. Big John's.

NCM_0048_zpsa9877beb.jpg

Tempest 455

Reaction score
Sounds crazy but I carry different things based on what I'm wearing. Bulky clothes, a .45. Shorts and a T. Sometimes just a small .22.

The bottom line on any carry gun is to practice with it and be confident you can hit center of mass in a highly stressful situation.

inri

Reaction score
Sounds crazy but I carry different things based on what I'm wearing. Bulky clothes, a .45. Shorts and a T. Sometimes just a small .22.

The bottom line on any carry gun is to practice with it and be confident you can hit center of mass in a highly stressful situation.

Tempest I have a question. If a thin/skinny person is 25 yards away and turned to the side, what is considered center of mass? :jail:

Tempest 455

Reaction score
I guess the bigger question is, are they a threat at 25 yards or can you remove yourself from the situation 1st? Removing yourself and keeping distance would always be the 1st goal. If they are indeed a real threat at 25 yards, center of mass is still center. Aim at center and that's why you need to practice w/ what you carry.

Big John

Reaction score
I guess the bigger question is, are they a threat at 25 yards or can you remove yourself from the situation 1st? Removing yourself and keeping distance would always be the 1st goal. If they are indeed a real threat at 25 yards, center of mass is still center. Aim at center and that's why you need to practice w/ what you carry.

:yeathat:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
remember 25 yards is 75 feet he's not an immanent threat after the first shot he's runnin.

:yeathat:

As demonstrated by the question, he's not clear on the point of concealed carry or the responsibilities associated with it in the first place.

Last edited:

mcmopar

Reaction score
I like those John, there are no sharp hooks or edges to catch if you need to pull it out of your pocket.

Recently, for our anniversary, I got my wife a J frame S&W .38 Special +P 5 shot revolver. She wanted a wheel gun because she can't rack the slide on her .380 or her Ruger SR40. Nice little piece.

I went to Shoot Straight today because they were having an End of Summer Sale and looked at the Ruger LC9 with and without factory installed Crimson Trace Laser ($329 and $399 respectively) and the S&W M&P Shield 40 for $379 + tax and background check. All nice carry weapons but the nod went to the Shield 40 for a number of reasons. It is light, narrow, fits my hand well, has 2 mags (short 6 round and full grip 7 round) and I have a ready supply of 40 acp ammo on hand so I don't need to buy another caliber (9mm - even though it is 1/2 less than 40 acp). Got free range time with purchase and tried it out. I need some work with it as my technique is still a work in progress but I like the trigger (rated just over 6 lbs. with .3" travel) a lot better than the LC9 which has a looooong pull. I got the one with the external safety. I feel a lot better with that feature. I carry with the safety on at all times since it is so easy to flick it off should the need arise. It will be my concealed carry at night when I walk my dogs. I never want to use it but like they say "it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Rocket

Reaction score
Congrats, shield is a nice handgun for sure.

Recently, for our anniversary, I got my wife a J frame S&W .38 Special +P 5 shot revolver. She wanted a wheel gun because she can't rack the slide on her .380 or her Ruger SR40. Nice little piece.

I went to Shoot Straight today because they were having an End of Summer Sale and looked at the Ruger LC9 with and without factory installed Crimson Trace Laser ($329 and $399 respectively) and the S&W M&P Shield 40 for $379 + tax and background check. All nice carry weapons but the nod went to the Shield 40 for a number of reasons. It is light, narrow, fits my hand well, has 2 mags (short 6 round and full grip 7 round) and I have a ready supply of 40 acp ammo on hand so I don't need to buy another caliber (9mm - even though it is 1/2 less than 40 acp). Got free range time with purchase and tried it out. I need some work with it as my technique is still a work in progress but I like the trigger (rated just over 6 lbs. with .3" travel) a lot better than the LC9 which has a looooong pull. I got the one with the external safety. I feel a lot better with that feature. I carry with the safety on at all times since it is so easy to flick it off should the need arise. It will be my concealed carry at night when I walk my dogs. I never want to use it but like they say "it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Smokngun

Reaction score
I've never liked Glocks. That being said, I felt I needed at least one since everyone knows how to work on them, there is a ton of factory and aftermarket support, and they are super light! My daily concealed carry gun is a Glock 19 (9mm x 15 rounds) in a SUPER COMFORTABLE Clevelands IWB holster. I on occasion open carry my H&K USP .45 in a custom El Paso Saddlery holster.

DSC05808.jpg IMAG0462.jpg

DSC05808.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

Smokngun

Reaction score
mcmopar, Wisconsin has been an no permit required open carry state (Constitutional Carry) for decades. However, until recently cops have been allowed to write "disorderly conduct" citations for simply carrying open. An order by our State Attorney General no longer allowed this practice of writing these citations for simply carrying openly. This sparked interest into what we now have as a decent (although not perfect...none are) concealed carry license system. There are a few different rules regarding open carry with no license, or open/concealed carry with a license. But it's pretty straight forward here.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Nice. W have to carry concealed here but a number of states up and down the I-75 corridor recognize FL CCW permit and vice versa. I just wear my cargo shorts and stash it in my pocket for now. I'll soon be acquiring a Galco inside the waistband holster for the Shield. The 380 goes easily in a pocket.
I've recently been interested in night sights since that is whan I seem to carry most often. Looked at Trigicon and TruGlo but they are kinda pricey so I looked at a product called NiteSiters (http://nitesiters.com)Interesting product. Basically glow in the dark adhesive sights that go on over your present dots. They can be charged with a UV light (I bought the UV flashlight they offer). They glow very brightly for a short while and then dim over time. If one was in a very dark area the dots would still be visible a few hours after a 2 minute charge. Not bad but I wish they would hold a brighter luminosity a bit longer. The kicker is the price. About $12 for 8 dots. I think that's a decent price for what you get.

Last edited:
Back