• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

champion aluminum radiators ?

zupanj

Reaction score
Stu,
Why don't you just get the radiator re-cored, then it will still be stock looking.

moparstuart

Reaction score
zupanj said:
Stu,
Why don't you just get the radiator re-cored, then it will still be stock looking.
i have a guy that fixes them only 75 bucks to fix it but with that nose cone , I want more cooling , so i have convinced my self to go aluuminum . I will give up the stock look if i can stop my gettting warm problem at high speed .

zupanj

Reaction score
I am using a triple flow brass radiator for the hemi, only 22", and it works fine. I can look up the company if you want but it was expensive if that is an issue.

a6t9vette

Reaction score
I have a 22" champion (CC2375) that I have about 200 miles on so far. I have seen several different model numbers installed, most for sale on e-bay are the 26". Mine is top hose on passanger side, lower on driver side. I did paint it black (eastwood radiator paint) so it wouldnt stand out like a sore thumb. I did touch up a few places with some sand paper before I painted due to a few rough spots, as the finish quality isnt up to Be Cool standards (had one in my 69 vette), but with the idea that I was going to paint it I couldnt justify be cool $. My car with the 383 runs at about 190 with a 180 degree thermostat, and knock on wood havent had any issues since, and I did have to drill a hole for the lower passanger side bolt, the other 3 lined up with existing holes. I would buy another unit from them..... If you want some pics let me know what you want to see, as I dont really have any good ones of the radiator on hand....

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
ouch.....thats cheap......some of these radiators go for 800.00....stuie ...id go for the 3 core or 4 core

joewhite440

Reaction score
Stuart
Did you look at the Griffin 26 inch Aluminum. Look real close to stock around $500 though?

moparstuart

Reaction score

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Stu, wow, that sucks. At least it didn't happen far from home. :eek:
The champion aluminum radiator looks good for that price!

V269

Reaction score
Hey Stuie, I put one of the Champion aluminum rad's in my car a couple month's ago. Best thing I ever did as for cooling and it fit and look's great. Have a 180 deg. thermostat in it and driving around in this hot weather we are getting it never goes much above 165 deg. It is a 3 row. Went to the cruise night about a 1/2 hour away last Friday night and it was hot out and driving in the city at stop's it got up to about 180 deg but as soon as I started moving it dropped back to 165-170 deg at the most. I also put an aluminum water pump and housing on last year. The pump is the new vane style and moves the coolant much better. No fan shroud. These rads look very nice with the billet aluminum neck's and are all tig welded. Mine is a 22" and they will put the neck's where ever you want them. It also come with the trani line fitting's installed but I didn't use them ( 4-speed ). $ 261 Canadian total shipped from California to Watertown New York. I just went to a friend's to pick it up. Don't be afraid to try one, you will like it. Check out my post " Rads In " and see my pic's. :thumbsup: :beep:

Ken.

moparstuart

Reaction score
V269 said:
Hey Stuie, I put one of the Champion aluminum rad's in my car a couple month's ago. Best thing I ever did as for cooling and it fit and look's great. Have a 180 deg. thermostat in it and driving around in this hot weather we are getting it never goes much above 165 deg. It is a 3 row. Went to the cruise night about a 1/2 hour away last Friday night and it was hot out and driving in the city at stop's it got up to about 180 deg but as soon as I started moving it dropped back to 165-170 deg at the most. I also put an aluminum water pump and housing on last year. The pump is the new vane style and moves the coolant much better. No fan shroud. These rads look very nice with the billet aluminum neck's and are all tig welded. Mine is a 22" and they will put the neck's where ever you want them. It also come with the trani line fitting's installed but I didn't use them ( 4-speed ). $ 261 Canadian total shipped from California to Watertown New York. I just went to a friend's to pick it up. Don't be afraid to try one, you will like it. Check out my post " Rads In " and see my pic's. :thumbsup: :beep:

Ken.
thanks

Back