Dash bezel

Jim S.

Reaction score
If you are talking about the chrome, the best way is to send it to a company the does plastic chrome plating. That said, the best stuff I have found is a paint called Alclad. You mist it over a gloss black enamel finish using a air brush. You can find it at hobby stores for about $10. There is also a paint called "killer chrome" that works in the same manner. Expensive though.

http://alclad2.com/

http://www.kustomrides.com/killer-chrom ... r-kit.html

Jim S.

Reaction score
rapid67rt said:
Yes chrome. Anything in a spray can???

Nope, all the rattle can stuff looks like crap...
I did the dash and arm rest plates with Alclad and they look real close to chrome. Jury is still out on how well they will hold up to the Sun's uv rays. Still best way is to get it chrome plated.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

rapid67rt

Reaction score
P&G has them for $195.00 ouch! Not a show car just wanted to clean up its appearance. I bet it cost more to send it off.
Thanks guys!!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Shipping would have been cheaper also with Texas being closer. I am pleased with my stuff though. :yesnod:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
Shipping would have been cheaper also with Texas being closer. I am pleased with my stuff though. :yesnod:
please keep it that way i wouldnt want to have to send it off again later !!!!! :acme:
:D

rapid67rt

Reaction score
Update.....I sent my bezel off to Mr G's on friday the 3rd and got it back today. The price ended up being $70.00 plus 8 bucks shipping my bezel to them. Somehow it cost 16 bucks for them to ship back to me??? I would rate the bezel I received as above driver quality. It has alot of 0000 steelwool marks all over it. The whole bezel is chromed. I think the top is supposed to be black. Overall, I'm satified for what I paid for. Very fast turnaround!!!Thanks for all your help!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
rapid67rt said:
Update.....I sent my bezel off to Mr G's on friday the 3rd and got it back today. The price ended up being $70.00 plus 8 bucks shipping my bezel to them. Somehow it cost 16 bucks for them to ship back to me??? I would rate the bezel I received as above driver quality. It has alot of 0000 steelwool marks all over it. The whole bezel is chromed. I think the top is supposed to be black. Overall, I'm satified for what I paid for. Very fast turnaround!!!Thanks for all your help!
That still sounds better than the repop stuff it doesn't seem to fit right from what I hear. I bet its a bunch better than chrome paint would have looked.

Back