• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash light indicator (back up lights part 2)

Collin

Reaction score
Ok so in the engine bay the wire for the backup lamp plugged into terminal Z. Inside the car at the bulk head terminal Z was empty. I took the black wire with white tracer and connected it to terminal Z. I didn't see a ground wire off the light. Hopefully I did this correctly

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well whenever you get your lights hooked up...you can come over and do mine....:jester:

A12

Reaction score
Ok so in the engine bay the wire for the backup lamp plugged into terminal Z. Inside the car at the bulk head terminal Z was empty. I took the black wire with white tracer and connected it to terminal Z. I didn't see a ground wire off the light. Hopefully I did this correctly

I think the ground is the bulb socket and reverse light housing screwed to the dash? Easy to check with the (12v) battery and the reverse light wire to the + and the housing or bulb socket to the -

Ranger

Reaction score
4 speed?

Should connect to a switch on the shift linkage.

I stand corrected. I guess I used the term "linkage" a little loosely. I guess I meant that it was activated by the linkage.

Boy do I stand corrected again. It IS NOT activated by the linkage. Mine is leaking and I'm about to replace it, but it appears to be activated by something internally, NOT the linkage. Time to go punch my dumbshit card.

Collin

Reaction score
It connects to the Z terminal on the bulkhead INSIDE the car. The Z terminal in the engine bay leads to the trans switch

jays69bird

Reaction score
Well I'm back from Florida and it looks like your all sorted out,fantastic !

Back