• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deck lid strips ?

69383RR

Reaction score
Deck lid stripes ?

Since we're talking about stripes and vinyl tops what do you think about stripes on the rear deck lid ?

image_large_zps0c082388.gif

KGrHqVHJEE88YlI4ZPBPb6IKi-lQ60_3_zps7a4c4df2.gif

Last edited:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Well, it wasn't a factory option that I know of and I haven't seen any cars with them until now. And to be honest and blunt, I don't like them. IMHO.

Roof man

I'm putting on a sticker that going to say these s
Reaction score
I thought about them but decided I didn't like them. :groucho:

69383RR

Reaction score
I kind of like them , not the wide ones on the blue car but the narrow ones on the first car .

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Not an original option, the only strips are on the front, and to add, Dodge had the Bee Strip around the rear. I have seen several Runners with Bee strips, again not original.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
It's your car. If you like them feel free to do what you want. But fair warning, get ready to catch a lot of crap from the Mopar faithful at shows. I don't hate them, but I don't think I'd add them to mine.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
like we' ve always said here, it's your car, your time and your money, do what makes you happy. but when you ask opinions, be prepared.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
The only thing that looks worse than deck lid stripes on a 69roadrunner is a spoiler. They look like shit.

69383RR

Reaction score
Very interesting response . So I'm guessing the overall majority hate them because it wasn't a factory option or because it just looks like s##t ?

Ok then what do you think about this look ? An honest answer based on how it looks ,regardless if it was a factory option or not . Some fellows are blacking out just the intakes on the hood rather then going with full stripes .

rr22_zps2b5812c8.gif

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
The yellow car looks great. And I don't love the one with the spoiler. A car doesn't have to be factory correct. My last car had a pistol grip shifter and 70 high backs seats. Some don't like that in a pre-70. I think classic cars with donk wheels look totally stupid. But, like I said, it's your car. Do it to make YOU happy. Just don't expect everybody to like it. I like the day 2 look. Some like steelies and dog dishes. That's what makes this hobby great.

Back