• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deck lid strips ?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I'd be happy to have the yellow car it looks great. As for the second car, I love the color combination and I would love to have it, but NOT with the big letters on the side and that wing. To me it doesn't look good at all. For me to take that those would have to go or there would be a reduction in price for me to deal with getting rid of them!:yesnod:

Roof man

I'm putting on a sticker that going to say these s
Reaction score
They both look great. Nothing wrong with mixing things up a bit. I like the superbee stripe myself it would look cool with a roadrunner logo in it.

red 69 runner

Reaction score
No No No. No extra stripes. No go fast wings. No billboards. These cars look good just the way they are.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
The yellow car looks great. And I don't love the one with the spoiler. A car doesn't have to be factory correct. My last car had a pistol grip shifter and 70 high backs seats. Some don't like that in a pre-70. I think classic cars with donk wheels look totally stupid. But, like I said, it's your car. Do it to make YOU happy. Just don't expect everybody to like it. I like the day 2 look. Some like steelies and dog dishes. That's what makes this hobby great.

Have to agree, the yellow Runner does look great. I am not a fan of the rear spoiler. I also believe the large Plymouth sign on the rear fenders was introduced with the 70 superbird. But this is a hobby build your car the way you want or in vision it to be. My car is a 69, however, the previous owner was going to race it, so he installed an A12 hood and place a aftermarket six pack intake manifold on the engine. He was trying to clone an A12 car. I personally want a six pack, but the 383 was never equipped with a six pack originally. So I removed it and have gone back to a single 4 BBL. Eventually I will replace the hood for an original, so for now the only things on the car that did not come with the car are the hood, shift hand, and the 70 T/A springs for the hood.

100_0057.jpg

100_0166.jpg

100_0403.jpg

Last edited:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Very interesting response . So I'm guessing the overall majority hate them because it wasn't a factory option or because it just looks like s##t ?

Ok then what do you think about this look ? An honest answer based on how it looks ,regardless if it was a factory option or not . Some fellows are blacking out just the intakes on the hood rather then going with full stripes .

rr22_zps2b5812c8.gif

I dislike mostly because they look terrible. They just don't flow with the car's lines. The yellow vert looks great except for the hood inserts. Painted a contrasting color, they look like something that came from a JC Whitney catalog.

Back when these cars were new, you could go into the automotive section of K-Mart and buy all kinds of crappy "accessories". Things like cheap chrome air cleaners, mud flaps and chrome wheels that would rust in a week. When I see things like this, I think of those days and the type of guys that did it and shutter. I think a lot of the rest of the old timers here remember those days too... and then buying cars from these squirrels and spending a lot of time and $$ getting them to look good again.

One of these days I expect to see a thread about how to jam a match book into the Kraco 8 track so their Jackson Five tape will work.

Big John

Reaction score
I was just going to do that

Yea, your thread would be about the correct build date matches and if there should be any matches left in the book or not. You would also include before and after pictures with detailed descriptions and research you've done along with sources and links to buy correct match books.

It wouldn't be about "Someone installed a 6 volt positive ground Sparkomatic 8 track player and I need to know how to convert everything else in my car to 6 volt positive ground so it will work right and by the way, what is an 8 track?".

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Yea, your thread would be about the correct build date matches and if there should be any matches left in the book or not. You would also include before and after pictures with detailed descriptions and research you've done along with sources and links to buy correct match books.

It wouldn't be about "Someone installed a 6 volt positive ground Sparkomatic 8 track player and I need to know how to convert everything else in my car to 6 volt positive ground so it will work right and by the way, what is an 8 track?".

You know me so well :lol: An 8 track is a new razor

Big John

Reaction score
You know me so well :lol: An 8 track is a new razor

Is that what the number of blades is up to?? I shave with a double edge safety razor. Nothing better.

My newest razor is a Gillette Super Adjustable that was made in 1973. Oldest is a 1953 Gillette Tech.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Is that what the number of blades is up to?? I shave with a double edge safety razor. Nothing better.

My newest razor is a Gillette Super Adjustable that was made in 1973. Oldest is a 1953 Gillette Tech.

There getting to be so many blades it covers your face and cant move it. I use a twin, always been into twins :groucho:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Back to 8 tracks, why didn't they put a grease fittings in those squeaky bastards :basketcase:

Big John

Reaction score
Back to 8 tracks, why didn't they put a grease fittings in those squeaky bastards :basketcase:

Why didn't they come with built in match books is what I want to know.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ever use one of those cassette 8 track adapters? those were fun.....:brickwall:

Big John

Reaction score
ever use one of those cassette 8 track adapters? those were fun.....:brickwall:

And taking a pencil to make sure the cassette tape was tight so it didn't get caught in the deck.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and the feeling of pulling your favorite tape out and the tape still inside the radio

Back