• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door decal

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I couldn't find the thread that I needed to post this in so I started a new one. That sounds like something JJ would have said to stay on top of the leader board....... :lol:

decal.jpg

This is an original decal. The tab at the bottom was slipped under the road runner script and it was pushed back against the road runner script as the cars came down the line. I bought one, so John as soon as it gets here I'll measure it up and we can add that to the tech section if you would like.

shadowtrain

Reaction score
I wondered if the oblong decal backing was some sort of template.

The old fellow who sold me my car has an unused Roadrunner decal set of original Mopar part decals for my car which came as part of the purchase (amongst other OEM parts). He was a dealership Mopar parts manager for 32 years.

I look forward to the tech description.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I couldn't find the thread that I needed to post this in so I started a new one. That sounds like something JJ would have said to stay on top of the leader board....... :lol:

decal.jpg

This is an original decal. The tab at the bottom was slipped under the road runner script and it was pushed back against the road runner script as the cars came down the line. I bought one, so John as soon as it gets here I'll measure it up and we can add that to the tech section if you would like.

Hoosier, where did you find an original decal? It looks to be in good shape. And you're right about JJ. But he would have used 4 or 5 different posts to make up a sentence!

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
You can see how far off my decals are. The top of the r in road runner is on the center-line of the dust swirl and it is 1/2 inch in front of it. Hope this helps someone...... :huh: :cheers:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
You can see how far off my decals are. The top of the r in road runner is on the center-line of the dust swirl and it is 1/2 inch in front of it. Hope this helps someone...... :huh: :cheers:
Thanks, Hoosier. Now that is some good tech info. I'm going to have to check my decals to see if they are in the right place. Just thought of a question. Are you sure the name plate is in the right location? That of course could affect the bird placement.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I see them pop up on eBay. This one showed up this morning. I bought it for 24 bucks with shipping. :cool:

Here's an old thread brought back to life...

I was nosing around on e-bag tonight and found a pair of the NOS door decals. No on had bid them up...so I waited until there was only a few seconds left and threw a lowball bid up there for sh*ts and giggles... Won them for $15.50 plus $2.00 shipping...

:jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":2ka9wglv]I see them pop up on eBay. This one showed up this morning. I bought it for 24 bucks with shipping. :cool:

Here's an old thread brought back to life...

I was nosing around on e-bag tonight and found a pair of the NOS door decals. No on had bid them up...so I waited until there was only a few seconds left and threw a lowball bid up there for sh*ts and giggles... Won them for $15.50 plus $2.00 shipping...

:jester:[/quote:2ka9wglv]
You did great, I paid $30 for 1......... :thumbsup:
I guess this means you'll have yours in the right place........ :toetap: :toetap:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I guess this means you'll have yours in the right place........ :toetap: :toetap:

Well, that was the reason for buying a pair with the little cheater alignment tool built in... :D

:jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":tajqj109]I guess this means you'll have yours in the right place........ :toetap: :toetap:

Well, that was the reason for buying a pair with the little cheater alignment tool built in... :D

:jester:[/quote:tajqj109]
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

jays69bird

Reaction score
I have a set of NOS stashed away,now I gotta dig em out to check for that tab.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I knew all my ranting and raving would pay off.............this whole randomly placed door bird thing will soon be forgotten........... :thumbsup:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
You know what if I could get my hands on one I could CNC a piece of .080 plastic with the birds backers outline done as a window in the plastic and make the plastic template with the same locating tab as the decal I can even make the tab longer to help with orientation. All one would have to do is line up the plastic template with the emblem, tape the template in place with blue painters tape, and install the repop decal in the window. We can offer them for sale here for fundraising or ??? , I have so much scrap .080 that I can make them for close to nothing/free and I'm not out to make anything on this. Anyone think it's a good idea or not?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
You know what if I could get my hands on one I could CNC a piece of .080 plastic with the birds backers outline done as a window in the plastic and make the plastic template with the same locating tab as the decal I can even make the tab longer to help with orientation. All one would have to do is line up the plastic template with the emblem, tape the template in place with blue painters tape, and install the repop decal in the window. We can offer them for sale here for fundraising or ??? , I have so much scrap .080 that I can make them for close to nothing/free and I'm not out to make anything on this. Anyone think it's a good idea or not?

That would be great!

Myself, I have some decals from when they went NS-1 back in the seventies. Mine are for the Volare. I have a couple sets that I bought over the counter at the local dealership (along with the hood decals heh-heh) back in 79.

The tab on the Volare versions are different, although as I understand it, the bird is the same.

A12

Reaction score
Big John said:
3BIRDS1X said:

That would be great!

Myself, I have some decals from when they went NS-1 back in the seventies. Mine are for the Volare. I have a couple sets that I bought over the counter at the local dealership (along with the hood decals heh-heh) back in 79.

The tab on the Volare versions are different, although as I understand it, the bird is the same.

"Okay Whitney WE'VE HAD A PROBLEM HERE"............This is Whitney, say again please.....Whitney , we've had a problem. We've had a main VOLARE B bus decal incorrect alignment undercut...................."

apollo-13.gif

So this may be the whole reason for the different alignments. The Volare decals (see photo of a set I've had for a long time) are way off of the original rr door decal location that is still on the door of my A12 rr and I'm real glad you brought this up. :cheers: :thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup: :worship: :worship:

THANKS!

MikeR

file.php

Back