• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door decal

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Gary, just a thought...how do you know that the little backing paper alignment tab is supposed to go UNDER the emblem...? Did you find this in a tech reference somewhere? The reason I ask is it just occurred to me that if the tab was placed adjacent to the emblem it would line up very closely to the bird decal that is installed on your door... Please advise... :popcorn:

:jester:
Bambi's Sugar Daddy

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Hey Gary, just a thought...how do you know that the little backing paper alignment tab is supposed to go UNDER the emblem...? Did you find this in a tech reference somewhere? The reason I ask is it just occurred to me that if the tab was placed adjacent to the emblem it would line up very closely to the bird decal that is installed on your door... Please advise... :popcorn:

Bambi's Sugar Daddy
is bambi your cars stripper name :jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

Bambi's Sugar Daddy
Someone on the old site mentioned that it went under and if you compare that to an original it is right on. Check out the pics.....this is my mom and dad with a brand new road runner in 69.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I think that part of the problem is the amount of misinformation out there about our cars. One really good example is in Paul Herd's Charger, Roadrunner and Superbee Resto guide. On page 171, it shows a pic of the door with road runner emblem and the decal. It says "note correct positioning of the decal" and the decal is too close to the emblem and too high.

So... How many guys do you suppose have put their decal on based on that???

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Big John said:
I think that part of the problem is the amount of misinformation out there about our cars. One really good example is in Paul Herd's Charger, Roadrunner and Superbee Resto guide. On page 171, it shows a pic of the door with road runner emblem and the decal. It says "note correct positioning of the decal" and the decal is too close to the emblem and too high.

So... How many guys do you suppose have put their decal on based on that???
A bunch........... :brickwall:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
[Bambi's Sugar Daddy
is bambi your cars stripper name :jester:[/quote]

Well, kind of...it is her name because she is a stripper... :D

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll make up some templates and they can be sent out to whoever requests one and covers shipping, I just need some one to send me one to work off of, I promise it will be returned and will be in the same condition. you can trust me. :cheers:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
when it came time to place the door decals on my car, i matched it with the location from a pair of doors from my donor car. the donor car was a 30 K mile car rotten on the bottom of everything. i really don't think the line workers placing the decals really took there time and every car is special. i placed mined exactly like i saw it on an original and have seen many veriations. so i guess what i am saying is close is good enough. :thumbsup:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
mac said:
when it came time to place the door decals on my car, i matched it with the location from a pair of doors from my donor car. the donor car was a 30 K mile car rotten on the bottom of everything. i really don't think the line workers placing the decals really took there time and every car is special. i placed mined exactly like i saw it on an original and have seen many veriations. so i guess what i am saying is close is good enough. :thumbsup:
Send us a close-up picture of it........ :thumbsup:

A12

Reaction score
Don't know if you can see the location but this is a "survivor" '69 F8 Hemi road runner but not sure if the decal is original just guessing it might be...

MikeR

A12

Reaction score
The blem or mark on the door paint makes me think it's original. This rr is always at the Nat's and the Chrysler Classic events so maybe someone here knows this rr?

MikeR

glhcarl

Reaction score
When I bought my current RR the decals were not installed. The guy I bought it from when to a cabinet and gave me a mopar envelope with three decals, left and right door and trunk. The left door had the locator tab (like in the original post) but the right door didn't have a locator, they all had mopar parts numbers, so I assumed they were NOS.

When I installed the one on the right door I got it off about 1/8 of an each off so don't look to close.

mcmopar

Reaction score
glhcarl said:
When I bought my current RR the decals were not installed. The guy I bought it from when to a cabinet and gave me a mopar envelope with three decals, left and right door and trunk. The left door had the locator tab (like in the original post) but the right door didn't have a locator, they all had mopar parts numbers, so I assumed they were NOS.

When I installed the one on the right door I got it off about 1/8 of an each off so don't look to close.

You are supposed to follow the "Don't Ask - Don't Tell" guidelines. Now you've gone and incriminated yourself! Now you must feel the wrath of the dreaded "Decal Police." :jester: Sick 'em, Gary! :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
glhcarl said:

You are supposed to follow the "Don't Ask - Don't Tell" guidelines. Now you've gone and incriminated yourself! Now you must feel the wrath of the dreaded "Decal Police." :jester: Sick 'em, Gary! :D

:lmao:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
glhcarl said:

Well, I'm sure they are not all perfect, but they would be closer than a lot of the ones I've seen. 1/8" would pass my inspection........ :lol: The survivor above even looks to be about 1/8" closer to the emblem than what it should be if someone had taken the time to get it perfect, but I'm sure that didn't happen....... :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
What really kills me is to see the bird placed up on the front fender of a '69 road runner ala the 1970 model. Man, I hate to see that! (and yes, Virginia, I have seen that done :loco: )

Back