• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric Fuel pump?

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
lack of zinc.....you mean to tell me you are running without zinc in your engine???.....i use that ZDDPLUS that big daddy recommends....10.00 one bottle for 5 quarts of oil or you can buy oil with zinc in it for 1 dollar per quart more....valvoline racing oil

http://www.zddppluscentral.com/
My engine could be used for a zinc mine there is so much in it, I was talking oil in general :thumbsup:
WELL THATS GOOD....i hope everybody here is doing the same :acme:

moparstuart

Reaction score
My mopar has plenty of zink in it , but it still ate teh fuel pump rod . I was told that the mother mopars rod of recent years are junk and made to soft . I replaced mine with the hughs hardened one also .

mcmopar

Reaction score
Yup - that's what they look like when they get eaten up. And all that metal goes right into the engine. Oh Joy! Fortunately the oil filter catches a good bit of it but the magnetic drain plug is what will save your bearings.

moparstuart

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Yup - that's what they look like when they get eaten up. And all that metal goes right into the engine. Oh Joy! Fortunately the oil filter catches a good bit of it but the magnetic drain plug is what will save your bearings.
hughes sells the super magnetic drain plug also , I now have that also .

mcmopar

Reaction score
Yeah - that drain plug is a beast! When I take it out to change the oil it draws itself right to the center link. It definitely works.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
mcmopar said:
hughes sells the super magnetic drain plug also , I now have that also .

Truckers have been using these for years. The IH dealer I worked at had oil kits( an asprian sized bottle) that when you changed your oil, you'd fill the bottle with the old oil, and have it sent away for a look see. They could tell you if there was a problem brewing.

moparchris

Reaction score
I use the filter mag. Its a beast and its hell to get off the old filter! When I cut open the old used oil filter there is a fuzzy patch on the inside where the mag was present. I had a cam go flat in my Torino and I had one on it for safety. I actually had to adjust the valve lash a few times and then checked for proper lift to find it had a flat lobe. There was absolutely no metal in the oil! The filter was full of metal all stuck to the magnet!

http://www.shopfiltermag.com/

Jim S.

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Actually the pump rod is the same length for both B and RB engine families. Hughes Engines offers only 1 hardened fuel pump rod for big block Chrysler engines. So either the shop put in a defective rod or your cam ate it up fast and deposited the shavings into your nice, new engine. If you still have the old, ate up pump rod take a close look at the ends. What you see may surprise you. Have you checked to see if there are any shavings in your used filters? Even if there are none I still say its a very wise investment to get a magnetic drain plug. It will pick up any loose metallic particles in the oil and that is a good thing!
I just tried to order one of these hardened fuel pump rods from Hughes Engines. They didn't have any and could not find a decent substitute. So they gave me my money back. At least they didn't send me a piece of junk and call it good. Give them credit for that...

mcmopar

Reaction score
Call Comp Cams and ask their tech support dudes if their fuel pump rods will work. These are for a Hemi but may work with a wedge also. Their phone number is 1-800-999-0853. Ask about part numbers 4626 or 4646.

Back