• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine is ready Just need my Car back from Body Shop!

joewhite440

Reaction score
Joe I take it your at standard stroke how about compression. And make sure you run a good oil with those solids, I have the same cam and no issues, works to 7000rpm and wants to keep going but I don't
The Pistons are 10.25 to 1. We did the calculation at the shop and it comes out closer to 10.3 which is fine. What oil do you run. And ddi you do any special break in procedure.
Thanks for the input!

joewhite440

Reaction score
yeah....Mine!!:drive:
Dave
It is funny Joe Jr has a 68 RR here in primer with a 4-speed. His 440 is ready to go in all but paint. He keeps saying" lets just drop the hemi in it until you car is done". I know if I did that he would grenade it. Every time he drove my race cars when I started having all my Back/Leg issues he really punished them. Good thing I had them Chipped! Some of them Strokers will really rev. The cars would slow down 10:30's 10:40 just because he was hitting the limiter flattening them out. I think I am going to hide a Rev limiter in this car somewhere just so I do not have to worry. You know he and his wife will borrow the car!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The Pistons are 10.25 to 1. We did the calculation at the shop and it comes out closer to 10.3 which is fine. What oil do you run. And ddi you do any special break in procedure.
Thanks for the input!

Yeah I stayed at 10.25 to 1 so your stock also. I keep it simple in all my old cars as far as oil, 10-30 Chevron with a red bottle of STP for zinc

Collin

Reaction score
I have some serious Hemi Envy!! Very very cool. I would have a smile on my face everytime someone asked what is had for a motor.....Evil smile that is

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
awesome joe....congratulations......how does she run??.....how did you make out with your spark plug tubes??

joewhite440

Reaction score
Sounds great. Ran at 1500 to 2000 to break in Solid cam. Had trouble with a defective float in New rear Carb. Talking to you and Bob helped me with plug issues. Had to pull the Hooker Headers off and making up my mind on TTI Headers or Manifolds. Manifolds are on Backorder and are very expensive everywhere. Did not like the way the Hookers fit between Torsion Bar and Frame and steering ran through them which I hate. Then they melted the Grease out of my steering coupler and made a smoking mess. so that was the end of their time on car. I have not ran it down the road yet but I am sure it is going to be a rush!!!
Lots to learn on this engine. I bought the Intake bolts from Mancini and I have had to re-tourqe them 3 times after running it. That seems strange to me but I read in an article some where that that was normal?
Thanks everyone for all your help and the nice compliments.

Bob After I get the Headliner and Door Panels installed I will send interior Shots
Need to get exhaust right now! Summer is coming!!!
After it is done I have to take it back to the Body shop He did not have my hood adjusted just right and it chipped the font corner of the fender before I even got it taken off to install Engine
and he wants to re sand and buff a couple places he was not happy with which is fine with me!

DSCN1265.jpgDSCN1264.jpg

DSCN1265.jpg

DSCN1264.jpg

george68hemirr

Reaction score
wow Joe it looks awesome......have the TTI headers and had to dimple then because of my 9/16 monster cross main bolts.....i have to see how the steering link works out....my last set...{smaller}..did rub on the steering link....since i have the motor plate i can move engine forward or to the rear.....make sure you are using oil with lots of zinc added to it......you dont want to wipe out your cam and lifters......i am running Joe Gibbs racing oil.....15w-50 XP 4......not cheap but if you buy a case at a time its $7.99 a quart...normally $8.99...you have too much money in your hemi

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gibbs-005...1397910241&sr=1-1&keywords=joe+gibbs+oil+xp+4

george68hemirr

Reaction score
yes but Joe Gibbs is much better .....engine builders recommend it and will not warrantee there work if you dont use this oil ....thats how good it is

Back