• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine is ready Just need my Car back from Body Shop!

joewhite440

Reaction score
I put a bottle of the Lucas Break in stuff in the first Valvoline oil. I already changed it and went with the same again. As always thanks for the help I will check out the oil your mentioned George.
I have always ran the Valvoline Racing oil since back in the early 80's. I went with the Mopar solid cam and all the old Mopar 590 solids I ran in my 440's worked out good. I will never own any other brand Solid cam. I ran a Comp Cam one in my last Stroker and ate it up first weekend at the drags. I went with a roller on all my others after that one. Nothing like tearing down a Fresh engine build cleaning and checking everything. Gaskets are to expensive for that. After talking with Comp they said I needed to remove one Valve spring, Break in Cam and then run and install the spring again. That is tough without the proper tools. Hard lesson learnt on that one!

I will have to get oil with that in it the Lucas Zinc additive is 7 or 8 bucks which is keep but I would like to have it already in every quart!!!
Thanks again

joewhite440

Reaction score
Manifolds are here
only thing I need is the PCV setup which no one has and is on backorder everywhere
I would even settle for a used setup if I can fine one!
Joe

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hey joe, i was gonna ask if you were going to have the car at Beaver this year but they cancelled it to pave the road :soap:

Back