• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust Muffers - What do you have?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Collin said:
looking to get the TTI headers, and im not gonna lie im only 24 I want a loud exhaust. I want something where I pull up next to a rice burner, and drown them out to the sound of big block mopar!!!!! :worship: :worship:
I like the way you think!!!!! :thumbsup: :yesnod:

moparchris

Reaction score
I love Flowmasters myself. Nothing sounds better, I even did a back to back test between them, open headers, and dynomax ultraflows on my dart. On the dyno there was less than 10 hp difference with open headers loosing to the muffled verions and the Flowmasters were just 2 hp behind the Dynomax Ultra flows. :cents:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I have the Dynomax super turbos. H pipe. They are fairly quiet but do have a nice sound when ou get on it. I have a drone at around 2500 that I think some resonators would solve.

I usually like an X pipe but that would make dropping the trans that much harder. I can pop the H pretty easy. Me and the exhaust guy talked it over and I think running the X pipe unwelded and just clamped in would be a mistake, would have plenty of chances to leak.

mannye

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Collin said:
looking to get the TTI headers, and im not gonna lie im only 24 I want a loud exhaust. I want something where I pull up next to a rice burner, and drown them out to the sound of big block mopar!!!!! :worship: :worship:
I like the way you think!!!!! :thumbsup: :yesnod:

I would much rather be reserved (as in a low rumble) then freak everybody out within ten miles when I rev it up. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING more fun than hearing a ricer spool up his (her?) little whine machine and then hear the THUNDER when you put your foot into a big block!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mannye said:
[I would much rather be reserved (as in a low rumble) then freak everybody out within ten miles when I rev it up. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING more fun than hearing a ricer spool up his (her?) little whine machine and then hear the THUNDER when you put your foot into a big block!

fun isn;t it! :drive: amost as much fun as when ricer boy pulls up, with his thump thump radio going. I slip in ACDC Back in Black, and CRANK IT.. :devil:

mannye

Reaction score
]fun isn;t it! :drive: amost as much fun as when ricer boy pulls up, with his thump thump radio going. I slip in ACDC Back in Black, and CRANK IT.. :devil:

Yeah, I'm trying to fix that part too.. At the moment the only music I have is the scream of the big block when I stomp it... but I rarely stomp it in the Miami Beach metro area! I need some Back in Black!

moparholic4bbl

Reaction score
2.5 flowmaster 40 series with an H configuration. Sounds like a few others have the same set up. I'll post a video and some installation photos when I get a chance.

mtdrydock

Reaction score
I don't have a RR, but on my Warlock 402 small block I am running 3" flowmaster super 44's and love the deep grumble at idle and they sound absolutely vicious when you get on it.

[youtube:2dt2dfuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCIOEKhg2VA[/youtube:2dt2dfuw]

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mtdrydock said:
I don't have a RR, but on my Warlock 402 small block I am running 3" flowmaster super 44's and love the deep grumble at idle and they sound absolutely vicious when you get on it.

[youtube:2abr4gkf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCIOEKhg2VA[/youtube:2abr4gkf]
SWEET :thumbsup:

dobie

Reaction score
2.5" pipes, Hooked Competition headers, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Sounds awesome. :thumbsup: The fact that the exhaust pipe is twelve inches from your ear probably enhances its effect a little. :D

My thoughts exactly. :thumbsup:

V269

Reaction score
Doug Thorley headers, 2 1/2 mandrel bent pipe all the way to the tips and Dynomax Super Turbo's. Sounds great. :thumbsup:

Back