• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally - A Bambi Project Update!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know, I have no idea. Fortunately the rears are in great shape (as is the driver's door) so I won't have to go looking. I think that the passenger door panel could be saved if I can find a properly motivated interior guy - there are no tears, it just came loose at the bottom and then wrinkled up. The discriminate use of a heat gun and some adhesive might be all it needs...

Looks like it might be warm enough now to lay down some color on the seat frames....we'll see...

Ray

Roadcuda

Reaction score
It was 0, here at 5am, but now it's all the way up to 19! All most warm enough to go outside now!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I think that the passenger door panel could be saved if I can find a properly motivated interior guy - there are no tears, it just came loose at the bottom and then wrinkled up. The discriminate use of a heat gun and some adhesive might be all it needs...

Ray[/quote]

really easy to do.when I got my Charger in '84, I did that. I never cared for the map pockets on the '68s. A buddy had just parted out a '70. But the backing was bad. So I peeled the panels off, and glued the '70 covers on the '68 backing. All I used was rubber cement, and the weight of our end table.Lasted for the 18 years I had it.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I think that the passenger door panel could be saved if I can find a properly motivated interior guy - there are no tears, it just came loose at the bottom and then wrinkled up. The discriminate use of a heat gun and some adhesive might be all it needs...

Ray

really easy to do.when I got my Charger in '84, I did that. I never cared for the map pockets on the '68s. A buddy had just parted out a '70. But the backing was bad. So I peeled the panels off, and glued the '70 covers on the '68 backing. All I used was rubber cement, and the weight of our end table.Lasted for the 18 years I had it.[/quote]

Good to know. Thanks!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
New seat pictures. They came out really nice. You'll notice that I ripped out the torn-up, crappy, original carpet. I have the replacement carpet already, but am ignoring the impulse to put it in...I'm hoping that it won't be an eternity before I'm ready to do the total resto...

:jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Looks good. At least you won't get any surprizes when you sit down now!

I'll second that motion... :cheers:

It makes a HUGE difference...

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Make sure you pants are clean! No more crawling from underneath the car and hopping in the seat!

Looks great :cheers:

Do you ever have that right! It still looks and feels like a beater so that "spider sense" isn't there when you go to climb in it...

Thanks!
Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Well it looks like my machinist is finally making some headway...

Got an e-mail from him last night advising me that all of my parts went into the vat yesterday. At last! I think I have mentioned this before, but just in case I did not...NEVER TELL YOUR MACHINIST THAT YOU'RE NOT IN A HURRY. That just guarantees that your stuff will sit in his shop forever...especially if he is an old friend... :yesnod:

I really am not in a hurry - just trying to stage things so that when I do rip the car apart everything is already ready to go and I can just start putting her back together once the paint dries... I've been bugging him to get started just so I'll know that the block, crank, & heads that I bought to use are in fact serviceable units suitable for reconditioning. I think he got the message that I really did want to get this little project underway when my cam & lifters from Bob K showed up at his shop... :D

I scored a correct 4391 center carb from one of the guys on the A12 website - just waiting for that to show up in the mail - so I can soon send my carbs off to Harms for reconditioning. One of the other members on the A12 site sent me a complete 6 BBL linkage set-up once he found out that I was missing mine. It is complete, freshly replated, and he sent it for FREE! Man, you just don't see that kind of comraderie every day. Sent him a thank-you note and a small check to cover his shipping expense and buy a case of beer - one good turn deserves another as they say...

Kinda looking forward to having a completed 440-6 sitting on the engine stand next to all of those small blocks that are already taking up residence in the shop. It's literally been years since I built a BB MoPar...so forgive me if I seem a little anxious...

ACME

mcmopar

Reaction score
Big Blocks are a lot of fun to build - especially when they have 3 carbs sitting on top (jealous :cheers:)

Back