• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally - A Bambi Project Update!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
It must feel good to be making some progress on the car now!

Oh absolutely...but I really can't get going until the 'bu is done...I'm just tinkering...

What I'm looking forward to is being at the stage that Bob is at currently; paint is done, just finishing up sub-assemblies, and EVERYTHING that is going back in the car is either new or refurbished... He's got to be having a blast right now...I know I would...

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
It must feel good to be making some progress on the car now!

Oh absolutely...but I really can't get going until the 'bu is done...I'm just tinkering...

What I'm looking forward to is being at the stage that Bob is at currently; paint is done, just finishing up sub-assemblies, and EVERYTHING that is going back in the car is either new or refurbished... He's got to be having a blast right now...I know I would...

It is fun everything is clean :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a set of '69 castings that came with the car...just need some TLC...

But why do you ask...???

mcmopar

Reaction score
Ray, if you want those manifolds to look great get them media blasted and then coat them with Resomotive Lab's (makers of POR-15) Factory Manifold Gray high temp coating. I've done 2 sets of manifolds and 1 set of headers and the stuff just will not burn off. The finish looks just like gray cast iron, too. It's the best high heat coating I have found so far.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Ray, if you want those manifolds to look great get them media blasted and then coat them with Resomotive Lab's (makers of POR-15) Factory Manifold Gray high temp coating. I've done 2 sets of manifolds and 1 set of headers and the stuff just will not burn off. The finish looks just like gray cast iron, too. It's the best high heat coating I have found so far.

Okay. I'm sold... Gary & I will both send you a set over to be freshened up... :D

mcmopar

Reaction score
no problem. I know a good blast shop over here and would be honored to do 'em up for you!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
no problem. I know a good blast shop over here and would be honored to do 'em up for you!

That was too easy...must be some kind of greenie sneak attack... :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

Dont fall into it :lol:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I'm starting to smell fresh cut grass............you know, you love the smell but when you roll in it, that GREEN stuff makes you itch all over....... :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
now give Team Green more credit than that! i'd send it to in laws in California first so they could forward it!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you orgot the pat pend...........watch it :jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

Dont fall into it :lol:

You just had to go and ruin it for me didn't you? I came that close to scoring another set of manifolds... :cool: :D

Back